Chapter 32

Elsa's P.O.V.

The doctor came back in and checked my blood pressure, temperature, my heartbeat, the baby's heartbeat, and another ultrasound before he dilated me again. 10 cm. It's time. I'm about to give birth to mine and Hiccup's first baby. Doctor Ryan and two nurses came in with all the equipment they need to make this successful.

Hiccup sat by my side as I had his hand squeezing it. "Everything will be okay." He assured me as the doctors were setting up.

"Hopefully." I said, "What if I die?"

"What do you mean?" He asked, furrowing his dark reddish-brown eyebrows.

"I've read sources on the internet that women can die during childbirth. Especially when they're--" I was about to continue, but Hiccup cut me off.

"Shhh, shhh, shhh. You're just scaring yourself. That only happens if there were any problems during pregnancy. You're fine. The baby's fine. So everything will be fine." He said as he twirls my hair.

"How can you be so sure of that?" I asked.

"Because you're not. One of us has to be mentally strong. It might as well be me. And I believe in you. I believe that you can make it through this." Hiccup said, gently tucking some of my hair behind my ear. I smiled softly at that. He always knew a way to comfort me. "I love you so very much. You know that right?" He whispered to me.

I nodded my head with a smile on my face. "I love you too."

"Alright, Elsa. Are you ready for the second stage of labor?" Doctor Ryan asked moving my blanket up to my stomach, exposing me to the people in the room. Hell no! I thought. With all the horror stories that I've heard about childbirth, I'm scared. But for the sake of everyone else, I nodded my head. "On a count of three, you will push for ten seconds. Okay?" Doctor Ryan told me, receiving an okay from me.

"1... 2... 3!" I started to push, crushing Hiccup's hand for about ten seconds. I stopped, panting, trying to catch my breath. After about five more mildly painful, pushes, I barely saw a tuff of brown hair. "One more push. Give it a good one." The doctor said.

"You're doing great." Hiccup told me supporting

I took a deep breath in and gave all my blood, sweat, and strength into this push. I pushed, I pushed, and I pushed until. And then I heard a cry. I laid back on the bed in relief. I started to cry when I saw the doctor holding my first born baby in his hand.

"IT'S A BOY!" Doctor Ryan said loudly glancing to Hiccup. Oh, thank God. I have a son. What I've wanted for nine full months. This is the happiest yet the most painful day of my life that it hurts so bad. I want to say something but I am too weak to say it out loud. I feel really woozy at this point. I laid back down on the bed to relax my muscle from that scene. I glance to Hiccup then back to the doctor.

"You did an excellent job." I heard Hiccup whisper. I look at him. He was blurry and spinning. Is that normal? I gave him the weakest smile as everything went black.