Chapter 20

Rapunzel's P.O.V.

I walk down the street quickly in the direction of Jack's house. As soon as I heard that Elsa and Hiccup were in the hospital because of a car crash, I knew Jack was up to something. He hates Elsa and is mad that she took Hiccup away from him.

He got even madder when he found out Elsa had Hiccup was having a baby. So I figured he'd have the plan of putting the both of them into a near-death situation. Not to mention this has happened to Hiccup three times already. He may not survive the fourth if there ever is one. Jack knew if he did it himself Hiccup would find out. He probably had someone go it for him. Luckily Hiccup and Elsa were allowed to leave the hospital. But I bet they have to take it easy. Especially Elsa. Being that she's carrying the baby. I stop at his door banging on the window. "Open up, Jack," I yell to him.

After a few minutes, he opens the door. "Oh, hey blondie, wait. You're not blonde anymore."

"We need to talk," I say.

"Okay." He says letting me in.

Once I was inside I followed him to the kitchen. "You know Hiccup and Elsa got in a car accident. Right?" I hiss.

He looks at me like he's playing dumb. "They did? Are they okay?"

"Don't play dumb with me. I know you staged the accident." I hiss.

"How could I? I don't even have my license. And besides, I had no idea where he was." Jack protested.

"The tracker you put in his car a week ago."

Jack stayed silent for a moment. "Okay, it was me."

"Why?" He didn't answer. "Why would you even think of ending Hiccup's life just like that?" I ask.

"I didn't. I was hoping for Elsa."

"Well, you got Hiccup. He nearly bled to death. You're lucky he's still alive. His father would've sued you for killing his son."

"I told you I didn't mean to get him."

"Then why were you going after Elsa?" I ask.

"She's running his life. First, the ice breaking and then deciding to keep the little mistake he made." Jack hissed.

"A baby is not a mistake Jack. It may be a small one for someone Hiccup's age, but it's still not a mistake."

Jack looked at me. "Why don't you try an change his mind. I can't." He hissed.

"I'm not going to change his mind at all. Hiccup hasn't loved anyone for a while. Elsa made his life so much better. You should be happy for him."

Jack stayed silent. "Whatever Jack. I'm going to see how they are. I can't believe you'd actually try to kill them." I say to him walking out of the house. I can't believe he'd do that.

I take out my phone dialing Merida's number. After a few minutes, she answered. "Hello?" She answered. "Meet me at Hiccup's house. We're going to see them." I say.

"Okay. There out of the hospital now?" she asked.

"They were released today this morning. Well, Elsa was. Hiccup was three days ago." I say.

"Okay. I'll meet you there." She said then hung up. I smile to myself then continued to walk down the street towards Hiccup's house.

--

Merida and I walk up to the front door of Hiccup's house. "How do you know they're actually home. Hiccup's car isn't here." Merida asked me.

"Hiccup's car is in the shop. It's smashed."

Merida looked at me with a look. "True point."

I walk up to the door knocking on the door. Toothless barked inside. After a few minutes, the door opened revealing Hiccup at the door. "Oh, um. Hi?" He stuttered a little.

"Hey," Merida and. Both say.

Hiccup looked at his Staircase then back to us. "I didn't know I was having company?" he muttered then ran his hand through his messy hair. I see the stitches along his forehead and cheek. He must've needed a lot.

"Sorry," I start. "We just wanted to know if you guys were okay."

Hiccup looked inside again. "We're fine." He replied.

"What about Elsa?" Merida asked.

Hiccup stepped to the side. "Why don't you see for yourself."

We slowly stepped into the house. We followed him into the parlor where Elsa was curled up on the couch covered in a blanket. "Did you know they were coming over?" he asked her carefully helping her up.

"No." She answered. She looked at us for a moment. "Hi?"

I smile a little. I'm glad their okay. Jack was a jerk for trying to end their lives before this baby was born. "Why don't we go to the kitchen." Hiccup suddenly said to us keeping Elsa balanced.

"Oh. Okay." Merida stuttered going to the kitchen. I followed.

We sat down at the table as Elsa slowly sat down with Hiccup's help. He went to the counter leaning on it like he always does. "You guys need anything?" He asked. "Water. Food... Anything."

"Water. I guess." I sigh taking his offer.

He glanced to Merida. "You?"

"Just water,"

He ran the tap getting two glasses of water giving them to us. "Thanks."

He looked to Elsa with a calm look. "Need anything?" he asked.

"I'm craving ice cream and pickles," she said to him calmly.

He gave her a look. "You hate pickles." He said.

"I know. But I guess the baby likes them." She said.

He rolled his eyes playfully going to the freezer getting a tub of ice cream.

"So..." Hiccup started, getting Elsa what she wants. I watched him work at the top of the frozen ice cream with a spoon and on hand. "What brings you two here?" he asked.

"We just wanted to see how you two were doing," I say.

"Yeah," Merida mumbled not knowing what to say.

"We're good." He grunted still working at the ice cream.

I look at him calmly. "There's something you need to know," I say. "It's about Jack."

"What?" Elsa asked quietly eating a pickle from the jar.

"Jack sorts, set up the car accident." Merida blurted out.

Hiccup stopped that he was doing looking up. "What?"

"He wanted to get rid of Elsa. He thinks she's ruining your life." I say.

I saw the look of annoyance grow in Hiccup's eyes. "My life is not ruined. I think Elsa's made my life ten times better. Jack's just jealous that he didn't get her." He said calmer then I expected. 

I looked to Elsa who was no longer paying attention. She suddenly grunted as if she were in pain, making Hiccup looked up suddenly. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, the baby just kicked me in the ribs." She said.

Hiccup sighed with a small smile. "... Okay..." Hiccup gave her a look followed by a small smirk. I smile a little. He was fine. She was fine. The baby was fine.