Chapter 15

"What!?" Asked Glory

"You heard me" Replied Deathbringer

Glory was terrified 11 months was a long long time to be away from the Rainforest also that meant she had missed some major events such as Crystals first birthday and if she had been unconscious any longer she would have missed her very first eggs hatching.

"Well who took over the throne?" Asked Glory.

Glory trusted Jambu and that he could be responsible for a little while but, for 11 months well.....she wasn't sure.

"Um, that's the problem" Said Deathbringer fidgeting with his talons "Grandeur took the throne and she i-isn't going to give it back."

Glory was confused Grandeur was ban from the rainforest and you can't just take the throne over without challenging for it.

"That's not possible Grandeur is-" Glory was cut off by Grandeur entering the room decorated with flower petals everywhere and Glorys personal crown.

"Grandeur is what?" Asked Grandeur

"You are banned from the rainforest" Stated Glory

"Sorry honey-bunny you don't make the rules around here anymore"

That tipped the scales and Glory went totally ballistick on Grandeur only to find herself locked in the rainwing dungeon. Deathbringer didn't do anything to help Glory he just watched as they fought.

Glory was stuck in prison without anyone else she had got Deathbringer to go fetch queen Grandeur so they could have a real conversation without all the fighting.

Deathbringer had informed Glory that Crystal was at school and once school was out he would come visit Glory. Deathbringer wasn't acting like himself at all lately he was being so closed off towards Glory like he never was and he was also blindly following Grandeurs orders without a second thought.

After what felt like a eternity Grandeur was there outside her cell surrounded by guards staring straight into Glorys eyes.

"You are not queen Grandeur" Informed Glory

"Yes I am" Snapped Grandeur "The rule book specifically states if a queen is absent for a year or longer the throne will fall on their eldest heir or successor"

Glory didn't remember writing that rule but, it could have existed before Glory became queen. At first Glory was going to accept her fate but, then at closer analysis she found a few loopholes in the rule.

"First of all, I haven't been gone a whole year and even if I was you, are not my heir or my successor" Said Glory

Grandeurs eyes widened then she quickly cursed Deathbringer's name under her breath.

"You have been gone for one year and a half if i'm not mistaken and Jambu and Deathbringer both agreed to give me the throne." Said Grandeur with a slight smirk on her face.

"Deathbringer said I have only been gone for 11 months and I trust him more than you!" Exclaimed Glory

"Are you sure about that?" Asked Grandeur "Tulip go and bring Deathbringer here as fast as you can"

Tulip was one of the rainwing guards on duty Glory recognized her she was one of Glorys loyalist subjects.

Next thing Glory knew Deathbringer was standing right next to Grandeur looking very worried.

"Deathbringer?" Asked Grandeur turning to face him "How long has Glory been asleep?" Deathbringer wobbled a bit on his leg and then stutterd

"One year and a half"

Grandeur glared at Deathbringer till he finally bowed and said "my queen"

This chapter is so sad I feel betrayed by Deathbringer even though I technically made him betray her. Believe me it will all unravel soon

Hope you enjoyed