Conversations

Donnie's POV

She was odd. That's all I got off of our meeting. She seemed to have no clue about what was going on, and I swear she seemed like she was sleep walking, there but not there, bothered by something. I sigh and sit at my desk, wondering about her. Who is she?

Maggie's POV

I finally finish my work, sigh and slide into my bed, exhausted. At least it was Friday. I close my eyes and focus on my breathing, just about to slip under when I hear what sounds like a machine gun fire of taps on my window. While grumbling unhappily, I walk to my window, rubbing one eye. It was Donnie. I quietly open it up.

"Yeah?" I slur tiredly.

"I-I just kinda wanted to talk..." He replies nervously.

"Sure. I don't need sleep."

He chuckles. "So, what do you like to do?"

"Listen to music, creep people out, try not to offend anyone, silently try to figure out as much about a person as possible before I talk to them based on their actions when they're around others. You know, normal person stuff. You?"

"Beat up bad guys, experiment with chemicals, train, build things, learn. You know, cool person stuff."

We stay there in silence for a while.

"So, what about your family? Were those other turtles related to you or something?"

"Yeah. We're brothers. You got a family?"

"Yeah. I'm staying here with my aunt, uncle, cousins, and brother. Mom and Dad... helped us be independent. Yeah. That's it." I whisper, not wanting to explain myself. He just lets it be.

"W-well, it was nice to get to know you better. I guess I should go..."

"Oh, okay. G'night."

He leaves, closing the window behind himself. I sleep on my window seat that night.