Of the Past

It had been weeks since the incident where I smelled flammability. Donnie had pulled me into the lab more and more often, but most of the time I just watched him work. He thought it would be a good idea to train with Master Splinter, and today is the first day I get to spar the others.

Before the match, I wrap my left bicep tightly in bandages, concealing my greatest secret.

I spar Mikey first. It's the quickest match. I simply throw him into a wall, and he gives.

Next came Donnie. He was more difficult to defeat, but it simply takes getting him slightly off balance for him to fall. I take his staff, trip him, trigger the blade, and point it at his head. He gives.

After that came Leo. Dodge. Dodge. Catch sword. Disarm. Use katana against him. Disarm. Throw. He gives.

Raph comes next. Dodge, dodge. Duck. Jump kick to head. Flip over his head. Disarm. Trip. Pin hand to floor. Disarm. Point sai at throat. He growls, but knows I've got him beat. He gives.

I never had a weapon.

"Wow... It's like you've been training all your life!" Donnie exclaims as we leave the dojo. "But I noticed your arm. D-do you want me to take a look? You know, just to make sure?"

"Uh... N-no... I'm fine, really. Just taking precautions." I reply, trying my best not to let my voice shake. It still quakes nervously.

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

He grabbed my arm. How can I tell him? How could I tell any of them? How am I supposed to tell them who I was? It can't be done. I can't tell them. I mean, if I did, I'd be an enemy. There's no way they'd accept me. How could they? It makes me a monster. I can't tell them. I can't let Donnie uncover the proof. I mean, how are you supposed to tell them you were on the opposing team once? How can everything be okay after telling them that I was in the Foot Clan?