The unexpected tea party

It's been two weeks since I've seen any of the turtles. I hope they're alright... Just when I begin to think that it was all a dream, I hear a tap on my window. I immediately pull it open, meeting a grinning Donnie.

"Well, hello, Mr. Happy! How are you?" I remark sarcastically.

"Haha. Very funny. I just perfected retro-mutagen, so, yeah. Big deal." He countered.

"Great. You forgot that I have absolutely no idea what mutagen is, and that, because of the reason I just gave, I don't give a flying flip."

"Gee, you're radiating love. What happened?"

"Oh, nothing... It's just, well, you try being a parent! It's harder than you think!"

"Y-you're a mother?!"

"Not biologically. You can chill about that."

"Okay... Wait, you're a surrogate mother? How so?"

"You see, I have an irresponsible cousin. I'll let you figure the rest out."

"MOMMY! MOMMY!" Annie screams, flinging open the door. She was crying, and Laurie was at her heels screaming that she didn't do anything. And then they both fall silent. "M-Mommy? Why is there a big turtle behind you?"

"Uh... He's a friend! I invited him for tea!" I explain, getting a sideways glance. "C'mon in! I'll go make tea. Girls, keep him company." I start to leave, then mouth "I'm sorry" before heading downstairs.

I come up with a tray of tea, sugar, cream, and teacups a few minutes later. I open the door to find the girls bombarding him with questions. I giggled. It was actually pretty cute. I lightly closed the door before quieting the twins with chamomile. Donnie said nothing, but I know he was silently thanking me.