Goodbye

"Babe, I'm gonna go meditate." I whisper to my sleeping boyfriend, finally asleep after a whole night of experimentation.
The dojo was cool and humid, easing me into relaxation as I kneeled and focused inward. Something didn't feel right today.
As soon as I entered my trance, a deafening beep screeched across my skull. I groaned in protest and tried to find it. I did. It was at my... Injection... Site... Shut it down, was my first thought because it was obviously a tracking device. Not yet!
My eyes shot open and I gasped for breath, tears stinging my eyes. I knew what I had to do. It hurt just thinking about it.
"What is wrong, my child?" Splinter asked from where he was meditating. I just stood and ran, letting the tears flow freely down my cheeks. I'm so so sorry Donnie... I thought as I leaped across rooftops, trying to get away. A hand grabbing my wrist made me stop.
"Let go of me!" I sobbed sharply, pulling with all my might.
"Maggie, Maggie... It's me! It's Donnie! Sensei said you ran. Why'd you run away?" My captor whispered, pulling me into a hug. Tears were flowing again and I didn't want to leave anymore. But I had to.
"Donnie... I-I can't stay at the lair..."
"Nonsense. My brothers and I don't care if you're an ex-Foot. We care about you."
"That's not it. I just c-cant."
"Why not?"
"A monster needs seclusion. That's it."
"So that's all I am to you? A monster?!"
"NO! I'm the monster! I don't deserve a family! I'll just hurt you! Forget about me!!"
"How?"
A small, raspy laugh fell from my lips. "You're the genius." I pull away and press my T-phone into his hands before sprinting across rooftops.
After a bit, I looked back. Donnie was standing where I left him, hand still outstretched to stop me, but it was too late. I was never coming back. How could I? It would kill them. "G-goodbye..." I whisper under my breath before running from my broken past.