Return

I scan the life. A few mutants I can't name and the rest of the Foot. No turtles. I wave the family back to the car and they pile in. I slam shut the driver side door and rev the engine. It's faint, but I can just make out a memory imprint.

I speed off, following it closely. The memory signature seemed familiar...

The trail took us to an old farmhouse, cream paint peeling away to reveal the chipped siding. I kill the engine and everyone pushes their way out, relieved to finally get out. So many memories, some familiar and some not, flood into my head.

Leo...

Raph...

Mikey...

April...

Casey...

Donnie... Donnie.

I tighten my grip on nothing, forming the tightest fist I could as tears rushed to my eyes.

I look just like I did when I left, except I was more developed and my hair was longer. I had cut off all the dye last year and then just let the rest grow. Sucking up all my fears, I climbed the steps and opened the door as quietly as I could- not surprisingly, me screaming would have actually have been quieter.

I hear at least one sword being drawn and other weapon-y sounds right before I saw unforgettable red-brown eyes peeking over the chipped railing.

"M-Maggie?"