Halloween

"Hey, I know what we can do!" Mikey cheered. It had been about a month since I came to the lair for the first time. It was October now, and I was excited for Halloween.

"Well, what's that?" I asked slyly, coming up with a plan of my own. I had told the guys about the upcoming holiday, and Mikey was ecstatic.

"We could decorate the lair! Yeah! let's do it!"

"That's a... Great idea! I could bring the decorations! Oh, but there's on tradition you have to follow..."

"What's that? Tellmetellmetellmeee!"

"Well, every October, my family hangs little skulls from every doorframe in the house. In this case, the lair. If anybody gets under the skull with someone else, you must boop the nose."

"Cool! What's booping the nose?"

"Well..." I leaned over and poked where his nose would be. "That's what it is."

"Awesome!"

"Oh, and don't tell the others. It'll be a surprise! Can you keep a secret?"

"Like a turtle do!"

"Great! I'll be back tonight." He gives me a hug and I begin to leave the lair, stopping at the lab. I poke my head in. "Well, I'm off!"

"Already?" Donnie replies, turning around in his spinny chair and taking off his goggles. I enter the lab the rest of the way.

"I'll be back later, you know. I always am." He gets closer and closer, allowing me to see his sad eyes.

"You'll be careful?"

"More than I should be, as usual."

He pulls me into a hug. "See you in a while."

"Later, gator."

"I'm a turtle!"

I giggle. "You'll figure it out eventually."

With that, I was off, heading to the surface.

---

I look around carefully before exiting the sewer, and was just as careful until I returned to the smelly safety of the lair.

---

I skip into the lair to see Leo watching Space Heroes, Raph destroying the punching bag dressed like Shredder, Donnie nowhere to be found, and Mikey pretty much just inside the door, as usual.

"Hey guys! I've got an announcement!" I squeal. They half turn to me. "From now on, I'll decorate the lair for holidays!"

They just glanced and shrugged. Bummer. I shrug too, the pull out the tools needed to hang decorations.

---

It took three hours (one of which was spent trying to get Donnie out of his lab) to finish decorating. Nobody really cared.

"Seriously guys?" I scold, upset.

"What?"

"We worked really hard on that just for you guys! I thought you'd at least be more than the 'okay cuz I don't care' thing you're giving me!" I growl in frustration and head to the lab.