Togetherness

"Donnie?" I whisper as he yawns, standing and preparing for bed.

"You comin'?" He responds holding out one hand and waiting for me to take it. With a small grin, I do, and he leads me into his room.

He slides off his mask and places it carefully on the bedside table I assume he made himself. He slowly eases himself into the bed, laying on his side so I can squeeze my narrow frame in beside him. A devilish grin spreads across my face as I get an idea.

I slide in beside him and curl my fingers around the top of his plastron. Kissing him gently, I easily maneuver him so that he's laying on his shell and I'm on top. I pull away, and he kisses my forehead.

"Goodnight, babe..." is all he can get out before sleep floods him. I giggle a bit.

"Goodnight." I whisper as I settle, my cheek pressed over his heartbeat and my hands level with my chest. I fall asleep there, a small grin still pulling at my lips.

---

I awaken to a gentle pulling on my hair. I smile, eyes still closed as I relished how gentle Donnie was as he did whatever he was doing to it.

"C'mon, I know you're awake. Time to get up..."

I look up with my poutiest face on. "But baaaaaaaaaabyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! I'm still sleepy..."

"Well, we have work to do today."

"Okay then. Convince me." A sly grin etched itself across my face and I balanced my face on my hands, elbows on his plastron.

"Wha-?"

"Convince me. Make me want to get up, or I won't. I'll go back to sleep."

"Retromutagen."

"Nope."

"Robotics?"

"Uh-uh."

"Hm... Look, I really don't mean to be rude or whatever this is, but I really need to- um... go."

"That'll do." I slide off the bed and stand, allowing the turtle the ability to stand. I head to my room, straight to the bathroom for the same reason he gave.