Chapter One

Baekhyun:

As soon as I stepped inside the doors to the police station, Officer Jin-Young spotted me and waved from his seat in the bull pen. Fuck. Ever since he'd joined the force last month, he'd been sticking to me like glue. I ignored him as I shuffled over to my own desk tiredly, but just as I was about to sit down he popped up next to me and grabbed my arm.

"Baekhyun-ssi. You can't sit yet. Commissioner Son wants you in his office. Right now." He whispered with wide eyes.

"Now?" I asked stupidly and he nodded quickly.

"Like, yesterday now. He said it was important." My head felt like it was about to explode and I knew from my 2 second glance in the mirror this morning that I had raccoon eyes. I literally wanted to curl up in a ball and die. But until the Commissioner said so, I followed his orders.

"Thanks." I muttered and he let me go.

"Byun. Sit." Commissioner Son said stiffly. I sat. "How was your day off?" He asked. I don't know why. It didn't sound like he cared much.

"Shitty." I replied dully and he nodded like I'd said something good.

"Right. We don't have time to waste so, here." He slapped a file from his overflowing pile on the side of his desk in front of me.

"What's this?" I asked warily as I reached for it.

"Your first murder case. Welcome to homicide." He said blankly and I stared at him for a second.

"Um..." When I'd said my day off had been shitty, I'd meant it. My boyfriend and I had been having problems for months now, but when I'd finally had time off and tried to fix what was breaking, I'd made it worse by taking him to dinner and telling him about my promotion. Even less time together, he'd spewed and I'd spent the rest of my day watching him pack his shit. I was not in the best place mentally right now.

"I know you only got promoted yesterday, but I'm short staffed and with Detective Kim on maternity leave..." He opened his arms and shrugged.

"Sir, I think - " I started.

"Don't think. Do. If you need help, take a rookie with you. It'll be good experience for them." I opened my mouth again, but he coughed pointedly and I stood up, taking the file with me.

"Are you OK? You look like you've seen a ghost?" Hyun-jae from the Violent Crimes Unit said and I scoffed out loud.

"Apparently I'm about to. I just got my first case." I held up the file and his mouth dropped open.

"You're shitting me?"

"No." I tsked and dropped it on my desk.

"But they just...yesterday..." I pinched the bridge of my nose and that did nothing so I rubbed my eyes and ran my fingers through my hair. Did I even remember to comb it this morning?

"I need a drink." I mumbled.

"It's 8am." He replied and I scratched my cheek with my middle finger.

"I would say fuck you too, but you look like shit, so I'll let it go." I opened the file on my desk and skimmed the details briefly.

"Hey, do you know where Grand Park is? What is it?" I read some more. "A club?"

"You don't know Club Eleven?" He laughed sharply and I looked up to glare at him. "Wait, you seriously don't know?" His face went blank.

"Why the fuck would I know about it?" I blinked at him. "What do you mean Club Eleven? It says Grand Park."