SCP-076-2(Able) x Dead!Angel!Reader ~ What Am I Supposed To Do Without You?

(Requested by MapleSyrup02)

Two figures trudged up a hill. One was grief-stricken, the other mourning for their brother's loss.

They reached their destination, a grave stone. It was decorated with flowers, notes of farewell and good wishes from fellow friend or relatives. The taller of the two started to cry silently, his brother comforting him.

"Why did she have to go...? " The taller one choked out, his voice shaking.

His brother said nothing. He knew that no words could cheer his sibling up, he was too reluctant to accept that his lover was gone. Instead, he took the bouquet of flowers that his brother was holding and set it down beside the gravestone. The flowers were (f/f favorite flower), you had always loved and cherished the sight of them.

"I'll leave you be with... her. I'll be at the bottom of the hill if you need me, " the other told him softly, patting him on the shoulder, leaving him alone with the gravestone. Below it, lay (Y/N), six feet under.

He kneeled down, tears still flowing down freely.

"H-hey.. (Y/N). It's a beautiful day outside, birds are singing, flowers are blooming..."

"On days like this, people like you.. "

"Should be alive, living your life to the fullest. I-I'm s-s-sorry I couldn't..... save.. you, " his crying increased, tears of anguish flowed down his cheeks.

Above, in the clouds, was your new home. You gazed down at your lover sadly, wishing that you could return back to him and live with him once more. But, your time was already up. You'd decided that when you jumped in front of that truck to save that little girl. You already had a chance at life; she didn't.

Sighing heavily, you turned away. You couldn't bear seeing him cry like this any longer. You needed to do something.

The sound of grass crunching under footsteps made him look up. What he saw, shocked him. There you were, barely visible, but you were there. Smiling sadly at him.

"(Y/N)...? " he said in disbelief. You nodded slowly.

"Hey...sorry for leaving you so suddenly, " you apologised. "And it's not your fault, Able. I made my decision to save that girl. But I'm still sad that I had to leave you so soon. " you twiddled your thumbs and tugged at your sleeves nervously, waiting for his response.

His answer? He lunged at you, pulling you into a tight hug.

You were startled by his actions but quickly recovered. "Shh... don't cry man... you remember what I said, right? "

"If you cry, I cry. So please, stop. I want you to listen to me, " you pulled away from the hug and looked at him clear in the eye. (e/c) against grey.

"I can't stay here for long. But, I want you to know, that I'll be watching over you. And when your time comes, I'll be up there, waiting, " you pointed up to the sky. " - for your arrival. Remember that I'll always love you, ya doofus. "

You wrapped him into a warm embrace before you felt yourself start to fade. "Huh.. well, remember what I said, Able. I'll always love you, no matter what. "

By then, his crying had ceased. He nodded, his throat too dry to talk. You gave him a happy yet woeful smile.

"See you up there, my demon, " his eyes widened at the nickname. You had always called him a demon, he called you an angel. He started to cry with laughter, chuckling softly even when you disappeared completely into white, sparkling glitter.

When he met his brother at the bottom of the hill, he looked relatively better. His brother gave him a grin.

"I told you a visit wouldn't hurt. "

His brother laughed. "You weren't wrong, Cain. "

________________________________________________________________________
633 words