chapter thirty eight

Blake's POV

After I left Reece's I got home to another mess. While I was gone Lexi came back to pack all the stuff that she had at my place but not only that. She literally had torn apart the whole house. Right when I was about to start cleaning up I got a call from Reece. "Hi mate! I'm really sorry for what I've done to you. Freya told me everything and I'm really sorry for not giving you the chance to explain." he said right as I picked up. "It's alright. I would never be able to get mad at you anyway. You'll always be my best friend no matter what." I told him. "I'm glad we're on good terms now." he said. I could notice through his voice that he was genuine. "On that matter, could you please come over and help me clean the mess your sister has made? This place straight up looks like a dumpster." I said giggling slightly. "Of course, mate. See you in 10." he said as I ended the call. While I was waiting for him I went to the bathroom only to find something rather odd on the floor. It was a syringe and a note. "I hope you're happy now, all by yourself." the note said. I checked the syringe and noticed that she used it to inject drugs; heroin most likely since it was what her gang was known for dealing. "Screw this I need to find her!" I said to myself as I grabbed my keys and ran out. Just as I wanted to get to my car I saw Reece pulling up in front of my house so I ran up to him and told him everything.
We both drove to where she lived with her uncle only to find an ambulance in front of her house. It was already getting dark and I couldn't see very well what was happening but I saw the doctors taking out someone on a stretcher. I tried to hear the conversations between the doctors but I could only understand small bits. "Will she be alright?" I heard her mother asking. "She'll recover after a couple of days in rehab. There's nothing to worry about ." the doctors comforted her. "Wait a second, someone's spying on us." I heard Lexi's uncle say. Reece was hiding behind a bush way ahead of me when I suddenly saw him running to his car that was next to mine. I was hiding between our cars trying to blend my black clothing into our black cars and also into the darkness that was falling. "Shit shit shit, we gotta go, we gotta go!" he exclaimed getting into his car quickly. I did the same as him as fast as I could. Most likely Lexi's uncle recognised my car because I heard someone trying to shoot my tires. I took off with the speed of light and followed Reece back to my place. On our way home we called Freya on a group call. "Alright cousin, we might have gotten into deep shit - 'Again' Reece interrupted me - and we kind of need you to come back to our house." I said. "And bring about some guns. Actually, a bunch of them." Reece added. "What did you dumbfucks do, again?" she asked like she was our mother. Not going to lie, she was the most grounded out the three of us. "Well, let me tell you, darling" said Reece very cheekily. "Your dumb ass cousin found a syringe of heroin apparently used by my sister." he said. "So, me and your stupid boyfriend went on a little road trip to Lexi's place to find out what happened." I told her. "Looks like she took a dose back at your place and overdosed at home later. We tried to listen to what the doctors had to say about her before her bloody uncle saw us." Reece said. "She'll be in rehab for a couple of days." I added. "The bitch deserved it. No one messes with my family and lives. No matter who they are. She did it; she's gonna pay for it." she said ending the call right when we arrived in front of our house.