chapter twenty six

We walked into the living room where one of George's guys was battling another gang member. I put my gun up and shot the man in the elbow, causing him to fall off of our guy. We made our way out of the house to the front yard that was now covered in blood and bullets. "Ugh the things people do for power." said Reece loading his gun and shooting a guy that tried to attack George. Soon after that police sirens ripped apart the gunshot noises. The bad guys tried to run away but they were caught. The police officers knew Reece so they were basically our allies. That was why none of the gang members ever got in trouble legally. Now that Reece was the new leader he basically owned the local police as well. The night was going to be spent cleaning the yard so no marks of possible crime could be found in the morning. I sometimes questioned how Reece's neighbours never shoved their noses into his business. What person in their right mind wouldn't be bothered by gunshots in the middle of the night. Probably they were gang members as well, but who knows anyway. After we finished cleaning up the front yard we went inside and Blake and George went home. "Be safe. Take care of each other." said my cousin as he gave me a hug and a kiss on the forehead. "I promise we'll be safe." I said as me and Reece headed inside. We took seats on the couch and analysed the crashed window and the broken door. "This is gonna cost me a fortune to get it fixed." he said putting his hands on his head. "I'm going to help you, baby." I said taking one of his hands into mine and holding it reassuring. "What did I do to deserve you?" he said looking into my eyes. He was clearly lost in them. "I don't know dude, you became a driving teacher and you fell for your student that tried to kill you. So you didn't do much honestly, your simple existence is enough." I told him sarcastically. "Girl, did you really have to bring that up again?" he said giggling. "I mean, I can't forgive myself for trying to kill you. It still haunts me. How could I've been such a bitch to you? You only deserve to be loved and happy not to be left alone with a ruined car and wounded. I treated you unbelievably horrible and somehow you still love me." I told him. "To be honest, I've been loving you for longer than you actually know." he said. "What?" I asked kind of surprised. "For how long, Bibby?" I asked him. "I've hidden my feelings with hate all along. Every since we were teenagers. You always seemed such a badass and I knew how much Blake loved you and it made me be attracted to you. All these years I kept it all to myself because I found out that you hated me. Now you are mine and I can't believe it. It feels surreal honestly." he said with one breath. I was shocked. I didn't know what to say to that. This guy has been in love with me for years and never had the guts to say it because my bitch ass hated him. I felt like a piece of shit. Poor thing has been suffering in silence all along. I didn't know what to do. I wanted to kiss him more than ever. I wanted to give him all my love. I wanted to make him the happiest. Without saying anything I grabbed his face and dragged him closer to me. I kissed him more passionately that I have ever done before. His lips against mine felt like heaven. Moments like these felt like forever. Seconds felt like days. Hours felt like days with him. Days felt like months. Months felt like years. I felt like I knew him for a life time. "I love you so much, Reece." I said. He grabbed my waist tightly and I got onto his lap. I guess we were properly making out then. He deserved it honestly. Past me would've never ever seen herself doing this. Present me was savouring every single second. His hands on my body felt so right. It was like they have been meant to be there forever. "We should go upstairs." I whispered in his ear. "Are you tired?" he asked me. "No, but you obviously are." I said giggling softly. It was around 3 am and we really needed to get some sleep after what happened. I cuddled by his side and we both fell asleep immediately.