~fourteen~

annie leblanc and her caregiver sat in the car as Logan slept behind them in his car seat. "is this where we're gonna sleep Anna?" annie also have her a fake name.

"yes catrice. My parents kicked me out but it's just for the night. sleep tight." Annie said.

"but Anna, you need sleep. you're driving. I'll stay up." catrice said.

"no, I'm fine. catrice you've had a long day, sleep." annie told her, and the old woman slept.

at 2 am, Annie was just staring straight until a knock at her window scared the living shit out of her.

"oh my god!" Annie said in a whispered yet still yelled. opening the door, she saw Hayden soaked from the rain.

"What are you doing out here?" Hayden asked, as Annie put on the hood of her hoodie.

"I should ask you the same." annie response.

"Is Logan in there too?" Hayden got worried.

"Yes. We don't have enough money for one night at a motel. It's better here." Annie replied, but in reality it hurt her to sleep in a car, especially with her son on a cold rainy night.

"you're freezing. All of you." Hayden said, pointing out her cropped hoodie and shorts.

"I'm fine. Logan is covered in my clothes in the back." Annie replied.

"You three are coming with me to my house. Before you say anything, my parents are visiting Brec and Dylan in Texas. They just left." Hayden said.

"That's why you saw me." Annie said.

Hayden nodded, and she woke up catrice. Hayden drove them while catrice sat in the back with Logan and Annie sat in the from. "Anni-"

"Anna." Annie said,
Motioning to catrice.

"Anna, you can sleep with me with Logan in my room. Catrice can sleep in the guest room." Hayden said.

"No, no, no." Annie said.

"Logan will sleep in my room. You can sleep on the couch but you know you can't be away from Logan." Annie rolled her eyes and silently agreed.