~twenty one~

logan leblanc ran up to his mother. he was 2 and a half now. "look! mommy got into graduate school!" annie exclaimed, placing the letter down and hugging her son. just then the bell rang. "coming!" she yelled, then walked to the door with logan on her hip. "hey hayden," she said, as she opened the door wide.

"hey," he said, giving her a peck on the cheek and then kissed logan's forehead.

"dada!" logan exclaimed as hayden picked him up.

"ok so i have him for today and then what time will you pick him up tomorrow?" hayden asked.

"6:50, right after work. i have to go to work again right after so you better have everything ready by the time i'm there." annie warned, closing the door.

"who's gonna watch logan?" hayden asked, worried.

"it's my second job now. i work night shift at a daycare. why there's a night shift? i don't know." annie explained, "it pays better than my actual job and still lets me be with logan."

"yeah working at an ice cream parlor is soooo terrible." hayden laughed.

"i'm on a keto diet, i can't eat any. plus it's always cold. i'm always cold." annie argued.

"i know. you're so moody during movies." hayden laughed, then left with logan. their relationship hasn't changed. they both live each other, but like friends whom have a family with each other.

"what keto diet?" hayley laughed, then took a bite of her salad as annie closed the door. "you just ate a sandwich."

"i know, but i couldn't tell him i quit my job last week or else he'd ask where i was." annie said, sitting down.

"where were you?" hayley asked.

"at interviews. that's how i got the job for the daycare. but the thing is, i'm now going to graduate school." annie replied, then started to clean the apartment.

"i heard Hayden's dating someone-" hayley started, making annie immediately turn.

"what!?" annie exclaimed, then calmed herself down a bit.

"yeah. her name's bella, they go to school together now." hayley said, then showed annie a picture of bella.

"how long?" annie asked.

"seems to be a few weeks." hayley said.

"omg! what if she hurts logan?" annie panicked.

"i doubt it. she watches her niece every other day, see, it's on insta." hayley showed annie.

"i don't have instagram or twitter or anything else. i'm too busy for that." annie said, placing laundry into the hamper.

"you should join. your body does not look like you had a baby and you should show it." hayley said.

"don't you have school?" annie questioned.

"no, it's summer." annie seemed to have forgotten.

"anyway, remember lauren orlando?" hayley asked.

"yeah, why?" annie asked, picking up the hamper.

"she's getting married!" hayley exclaimed.

"really?" annie asked, as she and hayley walked to the washer and dryer.

"yeah, you just got an invite!" hayley said, holding up the invitation.

"what? when was this?" annie asked, taking the invitation.

"just right now. it was with your mail. anyway, i marked it for you." hayley said, sitting on a stool.

annie read the invite, "I'm taking a plus one?!" annie exclaimed, "and chicken?"

"well the others were rice with fish or beans-"

"thanks hayley. can you help me fold the clothes in the dryer?" annie asked, then finished up the laundry.