~nineteen~

katie leblanc stood there, a few baby gifts in hand. "mom!" annie exclaimed, giving her mother a hug.

"your principal told me about your plan," katie started, "i can help you out. open up the savings?"

"you can't do that. that's for hayley too." annie said, letting her mom in.

"half will be for hayley, but the other half can help you. plus you still have your college savings." annie got silent. college. she's always wanted to become a nurse, but could she still?

"i don't know about my college savings mom." annie said, "let's talk about this later. would you like to see him?" annie asked, and katie nodded, placing the stuff down.

annie walked over to logan's crib, taking him out and then handed him over to her mom.

"hey, you're back." hayden said, opening the door and letting annie and his son inside.

"i told you i would be." annie said.

"i thought that'd be like tomorrow where i go to the motel and beg you to let me see him." hayden said, unbuckling his son and taking him out.

"well i'm super tired and i knew if i passed out anytime, no one would watch him. so if i pass out here, i know you're here." annie said, obviously sleep deprived.

"hey annie." annie turned around and saw johnny. "i was just heading out, bye guys." johnny said, then waved bye, giving logan a kiss on the head and leaving.

"he somehow managed to fill up how camera roll with pictures of logan." hayden laughed, but then saw he was talking to himself since annie was passed out on the couch.

waking up, annie looked around to see she was in haydens room. getting up, she saw her son in a bassinet next to her, awake. picking him up, she walked out of the room and downstairs where she saw hayden, asleep on the kitchen counter on top of a few books.

"hey," she said quietly, waking him up.

"oh, hi." he yawned, then looked at the clock. "it's 3 am, what are you doing up?" he asked.

"i just woke up i guess. i was asleep for that long?" hayden nodded. "that's why i'm staving then." she laughed.

"here, sit. i'll make you something." hayden said, getting out of his chair.

"no, it's fine," annie said, placing down her son in a bassinet. she then walked over to the fridge, grabbing 4 eggs and milk. "let me make you some as well, you need it." she laughed, but man was he tired.

she whisked the eggs in a bowl, adding a tablespoon or so of milk and then some salt and pepper. finding a pan, she turned on the burner and place it on top, adding a bit of butter to melt. she poured in the eggs, and well i'm pretty sure y'all know how to cook eggs.

she placed the cooked eggs on a plate, then took out the pieces of toast and handed a plate to hayden, who was almost asleep. they ate, discussed future plans for logan, which got pretty deep. "we need a lawyer. that's what my parents said. to discuss how the custody plan will be." hayden said.

"what?" annie stopped, "a lawyer? those cost so much money. my mom barley gave me enough money for now, but a lawyer? it costs like $500 per consult. holy shit." annie cursed.

"we don't need to. we just need a plan." hayden said, then annie nodded.

"like i've said before, you can see him whenever. i don't know about weekends yet-"

"how about every other weekend?" hayden suggested.

"no," annie laughed, "how about you can have him one day out of the week. but with me-"

"nope, a weekend over other week." hayden said. "see this is why my parents said we need lawyers. and i think i agree."