~thirty-seven~

annie leblanc cried on her way home. it was 9 pm and she dropped off karly at michel's for the night. logan was at home, probably asleep. she made it home, wiping her tears away and drinking some water.

"hey mom!" logan said, on the couch watching tv.

"what are you doing up? go to bed." annie said, making him groan and get up lazily, walking to his room.

"annie-" she didn't look back, just walked in the direction of their room. "annie!" hayden said, pulling her arm. "are you crying?" hayden asked, seeing her eyes were red with tear stained cheeks. "baby." he said, trying to hug her.

"no!" she pushed back. "go sleep on the couch tonight." annie said, then went into hers and hayden's room, locking it. "logan," she sighed, when she saw logan standing there, holding a bottle of lotion. he looked scared, sad. "you heard that?"

logan nodded, "why do you guys always fight?"

"always? you hear us?" annie asked.

"the vent." logan said, then ran to his mom, hugging her, "please don't leave me."

a tear fell out of annie's eye, "i will never leave you baby." she hugged him tight. "how about you sleep with me tonight?" logan nodded, and the two got into the large king bed.

the next morning, annie woke up late and saw logan was out of the bed. she looked at her phone and saw hayden texted her.

took logan to school and went to work. breakfast is on the table. love you❤️

she didn't reply, but got up and took a shower. she didn't have work today, so she took her time. she played music, cancelling out the noise of the next door neighbor's gardener. she turned, opening the glass door, seeing hayden. "shit." she was startled. "what the fuck are you doing here?" she asked, grabbing her towel.

"forgot my wallet." hayden said, in a monotone voice, "sorry for scaring you." he left without another word.

annie picked up karly, taking her to the mall and having a mother-daughter day. they got starbucks before picking up logan. "aw you got starbucks?" logan whined, then karly have him his drink. "yay!"

"we're gonna go to target to pick up some groceries, then we're gonna stop by auntie hayley's." annie explained, pulling out of the school parking lot.

"what about daddy?" logan asked.

"we will see him at dinner." annie said.

"what about my daddy?" karly asked. "today is his day with me mommy."

"crap," annie mumbled, "we will go home and grab your things after aunt hayley's. i'll drop you off then." annie said.

"can i go? it's nuggets night at uncle michels!" logan asked.

"yeah, yeah. i'll text him." annie said. michel always took logan too, logan even had a room at his house by karly's. "he said ok."

"yes!" logan cheered, then they went to target.

"ok, bye!" annie said, dropping off the kids at michel's house, large house. "thanks again." she said to michel.

"no problem. it's nugget night." michel laughed, then annie left, after kissing both her kids' foreheads.

"where are the kids?" hayden asked, as annie came in the house.

"michels." annie said, then took off her heels, her feet were red and swollen.

"let me massage you." hayden said, seeing how sore her feet were.

"no-" she then stepped, "shit, ok." annie said, then hayden helped her to the couch. she laid down, as he rubbed her feet. annie looked at her phone, seeing the date. "crap!" she yelled, taking her legs off of hayden's lap, and jumped up.

"what?" hayden asked, as he followed her to their restroom. annie looked under the sink, behind all the things, she found an old pregnancy test. "woah!"

"i'm 3 weeks late." annie said, then went to the toilet.