~thirty-five~

logan summerall craved attention. he's 8. he sees through his parents. he knows annie cheated, he knows they fight all the time in the morning and at night. he knows, they don't love each other like before. of course annie and hayden dont know that. he tries his best to put his parents' attention on him, rather on each other.

"so logan, what's bothering you?" the shrink asked, as they sat on white hanging chairs.

"that i'm here." logan answered plainly.

"just talk to me." logan sighed.

"my parents don't love each other. i see them. they kiss and it's a peck, they say i love you but they don't mean it. at night i hear them fight. before my alarm in the morning, i go to their room and they're fighting. my mom cheated on my dad and that created my sister. who is so annoying."

"so?" annie asked, as the shrink talked to them.

"he says you two don't love each other." annie and hayden looked at each other.

"w-why would he think that?" hayden asked.

"i can't tell you. i have to earn his trust more. more along the way he will open up more." then the shrink opened up the door, letting logan out. "i'll see you next week, on bud?"

"i'm a boy. not a bud." logan said, then walked away, his parents following.

"so? wanna go to a movie?" hayden asked logan, as they got into the car.

"no." logan said. that was the first time he's ever turned down a movie.

"why not?" annie asked, her voice chirpy. "fine, we're stopping at target though." annie said to hayden, then they pulled into the parking lot.

karly was at her dad's, so today and tomorrow were logan's days. "can i get oreos?" logan asked, as they looked through the snack isle.

"no, you know the rules." annie said, then logan whined, and annie grabbed some healthier cookies. "these ok?"

"but mich's mom lets him have oreos!" logan whined.

"and i'm your mom and i day no oreos. those are for christmas and your birthday only." annie said, her voice stern. she was always having to be the bad cop between her and hayden. hayden was the nice one.

"daddy!" logan screamed, getting hayden's attention from his phone.

"you know the rules logan. listen to your mom." hayden said, then logan whined and ran away. "i'll get him." hayden said, chasing after him.

annie got a call, seeing it was form karly's dad. "hey, is everything alright?"

"yeah, everything is fine." he said, "but-"

"what happened?" annie asked, her voice harder.

"she wants to go to disneyland." annie knew where this was going.

"are you fucking kidding me? you said no. please tell me you said no." annie begged.

"we booked a room at the top of the cinderella castle." annie groaned, "don't worry. i bought tickets for you hayden and logan as well."

"that's nice but, you can't get her everything she wants." annie said, then saw hayden come back with logan. "ok, bye."

"what was that about?" hayden asked.

"just me checking up on karly." annie said, "anyway, let's go. i need to start dinner."