40

Sonic's POV

"looks even more cozy now. a bit empty, but cozy." Shadow said and looked around in the livingroom. A few weeks passed by before we finally got an appointment with the owner of the house. Shadow was now already in his seventh month and time was running out. Cause i wanted to move in with shadow before the baby was born. Everything seemed to go really well and before we knew it we had a contract and the house was ours. Both me and shadow couldn't be more happier.

When we had arrived at shadow's home. We told his parents about the house and as we had suspected they were really happy hearing this. And now that we had a house for ourselves it didn't take us long before we had decided to move in it. I had brought some of the small furniture i had laying around in my old house's attic and shadow's dad had brought some old furniture they had and didn't need anymore aswell. While we were moving the furniture into the house shadow had gone off to get some groceries and maria and her mother helped making the room clean.

It took us a few days before we had completely moved in. I sat down tiredly on the couch in shadow's parents livingroom. We were going to have one last dinner here before we officially moved into our house. Shadow's mother had a bit trouble letting shadow go. She considerate shadow as her own son, so it was pretty understandable.

After dinner was finished, me and shadow were making our way towards our new home. We had been talking a little bit about some stuff till we both stood in front of our new house. I opened the door and let shadow walk in before me. I locked the door behind me and walked into our livingroom. "i can't believe we are living together now." Shadow said and looked at me smilling. "neither can i." I said looking back to him and smilling aswell.

As night arrived we had decided to go to sleep. We were laying in our bed. We were both looking at the ceiling. "first night in our new home." Shadow said and looked at me. I looked back at shadow. "it's a bit strange." Shadow said and smiled. "yeah it is." I replied and smiled back. Shadow laid a hand on his mouth as he yawned. Shadow blinked his eyes a bit and looked back at me smilling. "if you're tired then you should go ahead." I said. "yeah, i should." Shadow said. He couldn't stay awake anymore and silently fell asleep. It didn't take me long to fall asleep either.

Shadow's POV

I woke up the next morning to find sonic peacefully asleep next to me. I smiled and lightly kisses his forehead. i felt the babies kick as soon as i moved as if they were saying good morning. I stroked my belly as if i was greeting back. I got up from the bed and made my way down the stairs carefull not to slip or fall. I walked in the kitchen and started making us breakfast.

As i was about to finish breakfast, i felt two arms wrap around my waist. The person in question had his hands on my belly and his muzzle on my shoulder. "good morning." Sonic said and kissed my cheek. "good morning." I said and looked at him smilling. Sonic kissed me and i kissed back quickly. Sonic pulled away and set up the table for us. I put out breakfast on the table and we both started to eat breakfast. "just a few days." I said and finished my breakfast. "a few days before what?" Sonic asked and looked at me confused. "just a few more days and then there will only be one month left." I said and stroked my belly. I was going to be eight months far in just a few days. So i only had one month left. I was excited, but nervous at the same time. I couldn't wait to see them.