43

Shadow's POV

A week or 2 passed by before we got to go home with our twin boys. The nurse had taught us how to take care of them properly. We had decided to take care of our oldest, silver, and i would be taking care of our youngest, mephiles.

I was at home busy playing with silver and mephiles. Sonic was at his job. So it was just the three of us now. I didn't mind staying home alone with them. But it could sitll get pretty lonely. They were still very young, so they didn't talk back in a way i could understand them. They said something. Just something that i couldn't understand. But either way, i was enjoying myself. And sonic did to when we got the chance to spent time together.

Soon months had passed by. And unfortunatly to all happy times must come an end. Sonic got fired at his job and it was hard for him to find a new one. We soon got in a large dept. And to make matters worse we got into alot of fights together. The more fights we got into the worser they got. We had days in which me and sonic didn't even talk to eachother. Not even look at the same way we did when our relationship was still going good.

And by the time silver and mephiles were four years old we had broken up. We had gotten into a really big fight the ended up with me leaving him because i had enough of him. I had gone back to my parents' house and got a job myself. It was hard at first, but i managed.

Soon i had gotten a house all by myself. It was hard living without sonic by my side. And i would be lieing if i said that i didn't miss him alot. But what chocie did i have? If we stayed together, then we would've done nothing but hurt eachother. What kind of a relationship would that be? There were nights that i would fall asleep crying. Sonic had stopped trying to call me to work things out after a while. This was the best for all of us. We both knew it. Sonic often came to pick up the twins. But we hardly talked during that time. As if we were complete strangers. It was hard everytime. But it was better now. I heard through rumors that sonic wasn't able to get over his dept and therefore got even deeper in trouble. I also heard through rouge that sonic had gotten the habit of drinking his problems away. I felt so guilty. He was waisting his life away because of me. I had often gotten the feeling to run back to him and help him through this. But that would only hurt both of us even more.

before i knew it sonic didn't even bother to come to take the twins with him. He just called me to tell me that it hurt to much, so he counted on me to raise the twins. I realized that i was never going to see him again. And i had been crying for days. But i tried my best for the twins anyway. I didn't want them to be unhappy because of me. So i tried my best and be a good mother. Like my family and sonic would want me to be. Even though it was hard. even though i felt like breaking down and wishing that all of this had never happened. I had kept going.

Even six years later. When silver and mephiles were ten years old. I was still being a mom and had stopped crying years ago even though i still felt like i could break down at some moments. Even at silly moments when i thought i saw sonic. But it was all my imagination. My mind playing a trick on me.

But one time it wasn't just my imagination. It wasn't my mind playing a trick on me. Sonic was really standing there in front of me. We were in the park in middle of spring. The twins had run of somewhere to play with their friends. We just stared at eachother. We hadn't seen eachother in years. But we both looked older then we actually were. We both felt happy seeing eachother. But we also both felt very misserable seeing eachother. We just stood there. none of us saying a word.