18

Sonic's POV

Me and shadow stayed in our position for what seemed like an eternity. But sadly shadow's cellphone started to ring. Shadow sighed as he pulled away and looked at the screen. It was his mom who was calling. She wanted shadow to come home since it was getting really late. Me and shadow walked outside into the direction of his house.

Unfortunatly it wasn't only starting to get cold, but it had also started to rain. Our clothes and bodies became wet of the rain and we started to shiver aswell. If only shadow hadn't forgotten his coat at his home and if only i was smart enough to put on my own. I tried to get shadow home soon. He was still sick and this cold and rain would only make it worse. And just like i had predicted shadow started to cough.

Some time passed by and shadow's coughing got worse. He panted between coughs and i noticed that he was having a fever aswell. I had wrapped an arm around his shoulder and held his hand. "are you okay?" I asked in concern. Shadow nodded. But i didn't believe him. "s-sonic." Shadow said and fell to his knees. "shadow!" i yelled and went to my knees next to me. Shadow had passed out. I panicked and picked him up and ran towards shadow's home.

Shadow's POV

I woke up in my own bed and i was wearing my pj's. "shadow, how are you feeling, honey?" Maria's mother said and stroked my forehead. She was sitting on a chair next to my bed. "i don't feel so great." I said and coughed. "your cold has gotten a little worser. you won't be able to go to school for a while." She said and smiled sadly. She got up from my bed and walked out of the room.

Sonic walked into my room when maria's mother had left. "hey." He said and sat down on my bed where maria's mother had been previously sitting. I smiled and took his hand. "are you okay?" He asked and held my hand aswell. "yes, i'm fine." I lied and kept smilling. "good." He said and smiled.

Midnight had approached and i had gotten really tired. "sonic, are you going to sleep here tonight aswell?" I asked while trying to keep my eyes open. "yes i am." He said smilling and kissed me. I kissed back. But our kiss was cut short because i had fallen asleep during it.

Sonic's POV

I pulled away and smiled when i noticed that shadow had fallen asleep. I let him sleep and walked downstairs. Shadow's parents had invited me to dinner. And because we got so worked up over shadow's disease neither of us had gotten a decent dinner before. So they had decided to still eat dinner even though it was so late. And because i hadn't had any dinner either they invited me to stay to tag along. I must admit that their dinner was really delicious. I guess you can't expect anything else from a rich family.

Later on after dinner i was making my way back upstairs. "sonic." I heard shadow's father call my name. "yes?" I said and stopped midway on the stairs. "i need to tell you something." He said and walked out of hallway.