lint rollers and fur (tomarry)

Neko! Harry/Tom, as requested by @death-angel014

It was a normal day at Hogwarts, where the children were almost always the happiest.
This was the case for Tom Marvolo Riddle.

You see, he didn't have a family.
At least, not until he got into the magical school of Hogwarts.

It was fascinating, and definitely had made a great impression on him at such a young age.
Without having a family to grow up with, he had been forced to spend eleven years at an orphanage, where the children bullied him for being an outsider.
While he used to spend his time there getting revenge and plotting on thievery, something happened.
And that something changed his life forever.

The young boy sat on his old, misshapen bed, and read the book that was currently occupying his lap.
It had been something he'd found somewhere in an alley when shopping with the other children, and he'd thought it a prize when he'd found it.
A book, all for him.

It was then that there was knocking on the large wooden door that led to his room.
"Yes?"
He rose from the bed and stuffed the book into the bottom of his pillow case before opening the door.
There, he found two people he had not expected to see, nor did he know.

An older, strange looking man came into the room, with a beard and hair so long it looked as if it reached his knees. He wore something that looked akin to a long dress- which was strange to say the least.
Along with him was a boy who looked about his age, with hair darker than his own, glasses, and eyes that looked like the freshly cut stems from the flower shop downtown.
He furrowed his brows.

"Who are you?" He asked pointedly to the both of them, stepping aside as the other came in with a happy look of excitement.

"Ah yes, dear boy, forgive me. Please do close the door first, I'm afraid there may be others trying to listen in."
The old man spoke gently, his eyes gleaming in the dimly lit room.

Tom hesitated, then shut the door.

He was now a seventh year head boy, and the boy that he'd met all those years ago had been Harry Potter, a boy who had wanted to aid in recruiting other little kids (like him) for Hogwarts.
A boy who was currently in his year and hiding secrets.

It was a strange interaction, that day.

"What?!"
Tom would have fallen if the other boy hadn't grabbed his hand to help steady him.

Dumbledore chuckled and simply smiled,
"Yes, you are a wizard, and I do believe I have seen quite the potential in you."

He was fond of the memory, even if he wouldn't admit it.
After all, he met his best friend, and-

"Harry Potter! That's my name." The boy shook his hand eagerly and pushed up his round frames with a clumsy hand.

- boyfriend that day.

Harry looked up from across the room, lounging almost lazily in the room of requirement.
"You really think no one will want to come in later?" He asked quietly, his gaze piercing into Tom's own silver eyes.
"No, even if they wanted to, we're in here."
He flipped the page to the book he was reading.

There was one more thing to know about Harry, and it was that.. he was, well-

"Yeah. It's a bit strange. I've been terrified about it for a while."
Fourteen year old Harry scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.
"I don't know what caused it honestly. My mother worked with potions quite a lot and they assumed maybe something had gone wrong."