The Deal

In New York City, at Dej Jam Recordings headquarters, a talent agent named Alexander Philips, who's been struggling to find the next big rapper. He goes into his office rubbing his head, frustrated and sit at his desk.

"Just another damn day." he said.

His 20 year old female assistant, Nala, comes in to his office and hands him coffee.

"Here's your coffee, Mr. Philips." Nala said.

"Thank you, Nala." He said as he takes the coffee.

"Are you alright, sir?" She asked.

"Its just this Kanye thing on Twitter. It's just nerving my brains out. Have you seen his tweets?" He said.

"Yes, I have especially his MAGA speech at the end of SNL. Yikes." She chuckled.

"He either stop taking the meds or the meds not helping." He chuckled.

"So find anyone new?" She asked.

"No." He sighed. "Just same old kids just rapping the same thing. I'm just trying to find the something different." He said.

"Well, you just keep looking sir. You'll find that person. I know he's out there." Nala said as she leave the office.

"Thank you, Nala! Have a nice day.
Okay, God, please let me find somebody" he said.

Alexander went on Soundcloud to see if he can find an unknown rapper. He search for names such as, Zazu, Buggaloaf, Lil Tyke, King Simba and Python Cane, but none of these young rappers caught his attention. A few seconds later, he accidentally clicked on Maxx Misfit page. He clicked on his new Ep, "We All Die At The End." He played the first track which had an old school beat. He played more of his music on Soundcloud and most of his music genre is hip hop/rap, r&b, emo, and rock. He was amazed by his songs.

"This is it! He's the one!!" He yelled in his office and Nala heard his screaming outside the front.

"I knew he would find him." Nala said to herself.

Alexander carried his laptop and rush in the meeting room to play Maxx Misfit music to everyone.

"Everyone, I found this guy. He goes by the name of Maxx Misfit. Not only does he does rap and r&b, he always does rock and screamo. When was the last time we ever had a black rocker? I'm telling you guys, this can do everything, guitar, piano anything. You have to listen to this." Alexander said as he played one of Maxx's music loud in the room. It was a rock song and it sounds like a 90s grunge song.

"It sounds like a Kurt/Nirvana song." Said one of the executive marketer.

"Now, listen to this one." Alexander said. As he played a rap track.

"That one sounds like a B.I.G. track." Said a female accountant.

"Yeah, I mean this kid is paying tribute to the 90s legend. The industry need someone who can paved the way to the late icons. All we got to do is find this kid, signed him a contract and Def Jam will be back in business." Alexander said.

Alexander went back to his office and try to find Lysander on social media and he looked up under his stage named Maxx Misfit on Facebook. He found his profile and he finds out that his lives in Atlanta, Georgia.

"ATL. Georgia. Bingo." He said.

He always looked at his performance videos on YouTube of him yelling and starting a moshpit.

"Damn." he said.

Back in Georgia, he contact Katherine and she picked up the phone.

"Hello?" She answered the phone.

"Hi, is this Mrs. Cawthorn?" Alexander said on the phone.

"Ms. Cawthorn. May I ask who is this?" She said.

"Ms. Cawthorn. I'm Alexander Philip's, I'm a talent agent at Def Jam Recordings.  And I've been watching and listening to your sons songs online..." he said on the phone.

"Hey, man. Where's my spiked collar?" I asked.

"Boy, can't you see I'm on the phone?" She said.

"Is that your son, Maxx Misfit?" He said.

"Why are you asking about my son? How do I know you're not a scam artist or a pedophile?" She said on the phone.

I notice somebody was asking for me on the phone so I rushed to my room and answer the house phone to see who it was. I heard a man saying he work at Def Jam, been listening to my music and wants to sign me.

"I'm in!" I said on the phone.

"Lysander, get off the phone!" Katherine yelled.

I told Marcus that someone from Def Jam Recordings wants to sign me and he gave me a few words.

"Ly, listen, man. You got priors. I see what you trying to do with your life now. This music shit you planning to do, it won't come around every fucking day. When a young nigga like you make it, every young nigga makes it."Marcus said.

"But what if I dont make it." I said.

"Listen to me. The whole world see a rapper come and go in the game, but if you get to stay in there. If you want to get a record deal get one, but you not gonna go back to the slammer, again. You got the skills to do something. Go on and make it." Marcus said.

"Thanks, M." I said as I gave him a dab.

Alexander booked me and my mom a flight to New York to go to a meeting with Def Jam Recordings. We walked inside the building and saw plaques and photos of all the superstar rappers such as; Jay Z, Kanye West, Method Man, Nas, Rihanna, LL Cool J, Ludacris, Rick Rubin, DMX, Run-D.M.C.,  Jadakiss, Faboloud, Common, Ghostface Killah Scareface and more.

"Cawthron. Mr. Phillip's will see you now." Nala said.

"Come on." Katherine said as we go to his office.

We walked inside his office and looked around.

"This is Lysander and his mother, Katherine Cawthron." Nala said.

"Please have a seat." Alexander said as me and my mom sat down.

"I remember what you people did with Jay and Ye and I got rhymes for days." I said.

"What kind of story you trying to tell?" Alexander said.

"I guess I'm trying to tell a story about a misunderstood kid from Georgia and that kid trying to figure out that life shit." I said.

"Ly." Katherine said.

"Sorry, ma. It just slip." I said.

"You've been to juvie?" He asked.

I paused for a moment and he figured out that I've been arrested for bugulary.
Or it's because the name of my mixtape.

"Check this, here. I'm not against making money. My business is about the business, but not breaking the law in business. I can't build up no artist who keeps getting locked up and getting in fights. Dont chase the drama. Chase the dream." Alexander said.

"Well, Mr. Philip's. Dreams ain't paying the bills." Katherine said.

"Hers do. Mr. Philip's. If you throw us back in the jungle. I'll have the animals dancing."  I said as Alexander and Katherine laughed.

"How old are you?" He said.

"15." I said.

"By the time you turn 18, I'll make you to a millionaire. We can change the game, Maxx Misfit. Where you come from the ATL they have Luda, Outkast, T.I., 21, Jeezy, Dro, Migos and now you're the upcoming brother in the game. You could be the average kid in Georgia or you could rap or sing about the average kid in Georgia. So what you wanna do you ready to leave the streets behind or work in the studio?" Alexander said.

"I'm in." I said.