Rehabilitated

Back in Atlanta, I started to feel really shitty at these past couple of days. Janey broke up with me, I lost the Wreck-It-Crew, Young Palace is dead and Breakdown has been knocked off the charts. I was driving down the by myself, as I was talking to Alexander on the phone.

"Listen, Ly. I'm worried about you. After everything that has happened. With the Wreck-It-Crew and Young Palace, I don't want you to be stressed out by all this pressure." Alexander said on the phone.

"Don't worry about me, I'll be fine." I said on the phone.

"Alright, call me if you need anything." Alexander said.

"Yeah, I'll talk to you later." I muttered, as I hung up the phone. I took a bottle of painkillers and swallowed one.

I started to feel woozy and lost control on the road. I started to swerve off the road and went into a ditch. I crashed my Lambo into a pole. A car just came by and saw my damaged Lambo in the ditch. They open my door and see if I needed any help. They saw me and they were surprise to me, Maxx Misfit, in a minor accident.

"Hey, holmes. Are you alright?" said the man trying to help me.

"Yo. That's Maxx Misfit." said the other man.

"Y'all want an autograph?" I said as my speech start slurring and there was a big gash on my forehead.

The men called an ambulance and the paramedics discovered the painkillers on my passenger seat.

"Sir? Did you take these? How many did you take? Sir? Are you on any medication?" said the female paramedic as everything went blank.

Since the news got out of me getting into a car accident and they found drugs in the car. Finish Line decided to pull their sponsorship. My mom, Katherine found out about that I've been using drugs, so she sent me into a Rehabilitation Center before my drug problem would get worse. I was sitting in the waiting room as my mom was signing papers. She finished signing them and took them to the front desk. Dr. Winfield came by to talk to me.

"Lysander, I'm Dr. Winfield. The reason that you're here, is because your mother wants you to get help and we're gonna help you to get that help. You're gonna have to come with us. Say Goodbye to your mother." Dr. Winfield said as the orderlies tries to help me up.

"Mama, mama where are they taking me. Mama!" I was sound like a little kid crying for my mom for leaving on my first day of school. I feel on the ground, the orderlies try to help me up, but Dr. Winfield assist that I should help myself up.

"Come on, get up. Ly. Now lesson number one is that you got to learn is to stand on your own two feet." Dr. Winfield said as I slowly got up.

"I'm up." I said.

"Alright, now say goodbye to your mother." Dr. Winfield said.

"Mama! I don't wanna stay! I don't wanna go. Mama! I wanna go home!" I wailed for my mom, as she got up and leave without looking back, while the orderlies dragged me away. 

For a whole month, I've been recovering drug addict. I've been going to meetings to address my problems and going to counseling. I was heading to my next meeting, even though I was late.

"Lysander." my guidance counselor said.

"Sorry, I'm late." I said as I was trying to find a seat in the circle.

"You can't be late, Ly. Those are the rules." said the counselor.

"Gotcha." I said as I sit down.

"Where's your journal?" he asked.

"It's in my room. Should I get it?" I asked.

"No, no, no. So let's all agree, nobody has ever been late, before. Okay. Good. Anything you wanna tell us?" the counselor said as I sat down.

"Um... I'm grateful. To be here and trying to hold it together. I'm Lysander and I'm a drug addict."    I said looking down. 

Alexander have been visiting my mom lately. They were both concerned about me and wondering if Rehab work. They sat at the kitchen and were thinking about me.

"It's just been hard for him, lately." Katherine said.

"Ly, is a strong young man." Alexander said.

"He was ever since he was 6. Always has been." Katherine said as she hands him some coffee.

"Are you going to visit him?" Alexander asked.

"Tomorrow." Katherine said.

"Hey, he's going to be alright, Kat." Alexander said.

"That's what my mother always use to say to me and we put him in some program." Katherine said.

Back at Rehab, I had a talk with Dr. Winfield on how I start using drugs.

"How long have you been here?" Dr. Winfield asked.

"About a month." I said.

"When did you first start using?" he asked.

"I was bout 12 when I first start smoking weed. My brother actually gave me my first joint, but he's change his life around. He's a businessman, now with two kids. I wouldn't consider myself as I bad kid, I just misunderstood. Like most trouble kids." I said.

"What helps you escape the negativity?" he asked.

"Music. Music always help me escape the bad in life, whenever I write music, I express my pain and thoughts. Well that was my early music, now I'm just singing fucking radio pop music now." I laughed and so did the Dr. Winfield.

One month later, my mom visited. She came up to me and hug me. 

"Hey, honey. How you doing?" Katherine said.

"I'm starting to feel like a new man." I said, as we sat down to chat.

"Is that a pool?" she asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"That's a great pool out there. You know Marcus kept coming by lately. He's keeps bring the girls over. They waiting to see their favorite, Uncle." Katherine said.

"Well, I can wait to be out of here by the end of the month." I said.

"I've been getting a lot of fan mail from your fans. They been sending you gifts, roses and get well cards from the house. You have a really devoted fans. They never gave up on you." Katherine said.

"Listen, ma. I'm... I'm sorry. If I ever let you down. I know you try to raise me to be a better man, but it's hard without making anymore mistakes. I'm sorry." I started weeping.

"Hey, it's okay. It's not your fault. You were just a child back then." Katherine said.

"I'm sorry, if I ever let you down or if I ever disappointed you." I said tearfully.

"It's not your fault. It's a disease. It's okay. It's okay." Katherine said as she hug me, just like any mother should confront their child.