Omar Garcia

The next morning, I start listening to my mom's old R&B records as Janey was still sleeping topless. I recommend that she wasn't a fan of my heavy metal rapcore songs. I pick up my mask on the floor, looked at it one last time and put it away. I went on Twitter and said, "This is the last time you will ever see me." Suddenly, most of my fans were freaking out thinking that I was gonna retired from music. The next day, Alexander called me.

"Hey, Ly, that tweet you just tweeted. What was that all about? Me and Paul were concerned" Alexander said.

"Alex, relax. I didn't mean I was retiring. Atlas Martyn is." I said.

"Oh... okay then." Alexander said.

"The next era, you're gonna see a different me." I said.

I went to Liam apartment to record some music, he had a little studio in a room. I start singing r&b songs. 

"Yo, stop stop." I said as I walked out of the room and let one of the producer playback the song I was recording. 

"I sound like I was slurring." I said.

"Yeah, the best way we got." said the producer.

"Let's do it again." I said as I went back in the room.

Janey put on her headphones and listen to the song. I stop recording, because I thought my voice didn't sound right.

"What's wrong?" Janey said.

"My voice ain't sound the same." I said.

"It's better got more soul and emotion in it. Keep going, baby." Janey said.

I was mostly singing R&B, Alternative r&b and love songs, because I found love. Most of the songs, I recorded were in Miami and Los Angeles. When I California, Erykah Badu, who was my mom's favorite singer, came by the studio. I let her play one of my songs and one of them she likes she wanted to record a duet with me.

"Thanks for doing this duet with me." I said.

"No problem, baby. I like this direction you are going with your music. You change the game. Honey." Erykah said.

"One more thing. I want get this picture of us. My mom is a huge fan of yours." I said.

"Sure thing. Hey babe, come take this picture of us." I told Janey as she snapped a photo of me and Erykah Badu.

I got a tattoo about my left nipple say's "Forever" which was dedicated to Janey.

"Do you like it?" I asked.

"I love it." Janey said as she gave me a kiss.

I went to Def Jam Recordings to play my new song for Paul and Alexander was standing beside me.

"What you think?" I said.

"Shit... I don't know what to say. You an r&b artist now?" Paul said.

"I'm going for a different route for this new era and my new persona. Doesn't every artist need to change their sound every once in awhile so they can grow as an artist?" I said.

"I understand that, Ly, but I'm telling you, people know you as a heavy metal emo rapper. No one in your concert is gonna do mosh pits during slow songs." Paul said.

"Well, the reason I'm doing 'love' songs now is because I finally found that person who has my heart. I know that shit sounds cheesy, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna gain new audience for this album." I exclaimed.

Paul looked at Alexander and he gave him a "give it a shot" look at him. Paul was like, "Oh what the hell."

"Alright, fine. But, if this 'r&b' album flops or fails the chart. It's all gonna be on you and your career." Paul said.

"No, it's gonna be on y'all if y'all don't promote hell out of this record. I might move out of Def Jam with this album ain't selling." I said as I walked out.

"Make sure, you book me television gigs to promote the fuck out of this song. That goes for award shows too. This is the song I want as my first single on this album." I told Paul as I walked out.

After awhile, my fans were still confused about the tweet I said few months ago. I posted a black and white comic strip on Instagram where a man and his wife were reading a newspaper article of me saying that I'm retiring. The second strip shows the wife and her friend saying in speech bubbles, "Did you hear about Atlas Martyn?" said the wife to her friend. "Yeah, I'm shook up girl!! I wanted that to last forever!!" said the friend. The third strip shows the husband telling his wife, "Pay no attention babe- It's all pretend. Part of an act!" in speech bubble. Then the wife said, "NO IT AIN'T!! THAT KID'S GONE MAD! - LOOPY!!" in a speech bubble. And the fourth strip, the husband said, "The boy is going for a new look with a curly afro with a suit." The wife said, "OMG. He was fine! And I think he liked my pic!" The next post said, "This Is The New Era of Love Right? We've Killed The Rockstar. Just Another Casualty In The War Against Popular Art And Selfie Awareness. So Atlas Must Leave, With A Parting 'I Love You' He's Already Gone. Thank You, Lysander." The right side of the strip features a man wearing all black is suppose to represent Atlas Martyn, while covering a man wearing all white mouth shut represent my new alter ego saying, "BE YOUNG AND SHUT UP!" I deleted most of all my Instagram post except for the comic strip one. Two days later, I post a lighter with a snake design on it. Five days later, I posted text label, "OMAR GARCIA" in pink neon lights. My fans were confused by the name, some thought it would be a name for my single or album. It's the name for my new alter ego. The next day I post an afro comb, my tattoo, "Forever"my leather jacket, my new rings and a broken heart being put together. I post my new single on Instagram, called "Love You" which will be release on Friday. I untwist my dreads and un dyed my hair back to its natural hair, which is not a curly afro. I post half of the lyrics and the meaning of the song. I let everybody know, that my new persona is Omar Garcia.