Getting Her Back

One year later, Static Shock has been nominated for the Golden Globes and Oscars. It won for Best Animation at the Oscars. I went on Twitter saying, "Fuck yeah! Static Shock won an Oscars!!!!"  They even announce that Static Shock would get a sequel in two years from now.

Back in Los Angeles, I bump into Janey, who had latte in her hand.

"Janey... hi" I said awkwardly.

"Ly." Janey said.

"It's been awhile." I said.

"Yeah, a whole year." Janey said.

"So how you been? How's the shop." I asked.

"I been doing good and the shop is still in good shape. Unfortunately, Hans got fired for sexual harassing other artist." Janey said.

"What a dick." I said.

"Yeah, I guess he was." Janey said.

"And I thought I was the bigger dick." I chuckled as Janey laughed too.

"What about you?" Janey said.

"I've been doing swell. Static Shock is the highest grossing Oscar winning animation movie in the world. Giving back to kids and all." I said.

"That's a very generous thing you did for those kids. I saw it on social media. Congrats on the movie." Janey said.

"Jane, I know that I fucked up... a lot. Even after rehab, I'm a change man, not the same nigga that you knew two years ago. I know you don't believe that but, can you at least give me one more chance?" I asked.

"I'll have to think about it." Janey said.

"Okay, I understand." I said.

"But, I'm glad that you're better and healthy, now." Janey said.

"Thanks. Janey, it was good seeing you again." I said.

"It was good seeing you too." Janey smiled as he walks away.

Two weeks later, Janey and I started to reconnect and starting all over in our relationship. Paps has been taking pictures of us and on social media saying, "Maxx Misfit is back together with his ex?" I didn't care what the media said, but one week later, we got back together and we promised each other not to keep anymore secrets. I told mom that Janey and I are back together on the phone.

"Is this true on what I'm hearing on social media?" Katherine said.

"Yeah, it's all true, ma." I said to her on the phone.

"How did that happened?" Katherine asked.

"We bumped into each other and we decided to start talking again and few weeks later, we got back." I said.

"Well, I'm glad you two have work things out. You two have always been friends since middle school." Katherine said.

"Well, you know what Lil Baby said, 'We started out as close friends, somehow you turn into my girlfriend.' You know" I chuckled.

"I just hope things get better between you two. I'll be praying for y'all." Katherine said.

"Thanks, that all I wanted to say. Hope you're doing well back, there." I said.

"I am baby, I'll talk to you later." Katherine said.

"Okay, bye, ma." I said as I hang up.

While I was taking a run at Runyon Canyon, I bumped into Stanley, who I haven't seen in years. I was surprise he was here in California.

"Stanley?" I said.

"Ly?" Stanley said.

"Oh shit! Man, it's been awhile! How you been?" I said as I hug him.

"I'm being living that's enough for me. What about you, man?" Stanley asked.

"Doing great, enjoying my life." I said.

"That's tight to here." Stanley said.

"So what are you doing here in California?" I asked.

"I've been going to school for filming. Im a film director, now!" Stanley said.

"No fucking way, man. What have you been filming?" I asked.

"Just short films and music videos for new artist and bands." Stanley said.

"Shit, maybe I'll let you direct one of my videos." I said.

"Well, let me know when you need me." Stanley said.

"I will, bro. I will." I said.

"So, Peanut still your Dj?" Stanley asked.

"He definitely is, and Liam is a whole ass father now." I asked.

"Wait are you and Liam on good terms again?" Stanley said.

"Yeah, man. We sorted some stuff out and we're back." I said.

"Well, I'm proud that you two settle your differences." Stanley said.

"Yeah, it wasn't easy at first, but I'm glad we worked it out. You know who I was here, Cody." I said.

"Yeah, I miss him too, bro. Shit I still can get over his death." Stanley said.

"Me either, man. He was just a kid. Glad, I don't go down that road again." I said.

"I'm glad you're not. Listen, if you need me here's my card." Stanley said, as he hand me his car.

"Thanks, Stan. I'll let you know. It was good to see you again." I said.

"You too. See ya later, Ly." Stanley said.

"Take care." I said as he took off running.

While things were going easy peasy. Janey and I are taking things slowly. Liam and I are buds again and Stanley and I been keeping in touch. But Suddenly, I found out the person that you've known your whole life, has been stabbing me behind my back.