The Last Good Year

At home, I was waiting for Janey to come home from work, I got a call from Alexander about some news.

"Hello?" I answered the phone.

"Hey, Ly. How you doing?" Alexander said on the phone.

"I'm resting. Killing time. As usual." I said like I didn't care.

"Hey, listen. I got some good news. You've been nominated for the Grammys and the Oscars! Both  Tension and Vietnam or nominated plus for supporting actor and for Best R&B Album and Best Pop Performance!" Alexander said.

"Holy shit!" I said.

"Yeah, you're the fourth rapper that's ever been nominated for an Oscars!" Alexander said.

"I came believe this, man!" I said.

"Yeah, you better go online and tell your fans about this!" Alexander said.

"Alright, I will. Thanks for the news, man. Later!" I said as I hang up the phone.

I went on Instagram to tell my fans that I'm nominated for the Oscars and Grammys, I had to act surprised. I post a text on my IG video saying, "I GOT NOMINATED FOR A 2 FUCKIN GRAMMYS AND A OSCAR THANK YOU GOD!!!!" and saying "What the fuck, bro. This shit crazy, nigga. This shit nigga what the fuck!" with tears rolling down my face. I heard the door open and it was Janey getting off from work, I was about to tell her my good news.

"Hey, Janey, guess what?" I asked her.

"What?" she said.

"I'm nominated for two fucking Grammys and the Oscars!" I yelled as I picked her up and she yelp.

"Oh my god, Ly. That's amazing!" Janey exclaimed.

"Babe, we gotta celebrate." I said as I kissed but for some reason she pulled back.

"Um.. Honey, I would love to, but I'm tired and I had a long day. Let me just get in the shower." Janey said.

"Okay." I said as I had a suspicious look.

I had another movie role to do. I got a role in Warner Bros action thriller movie called, "Don't Look Back." I will be playing a hit-man, "Gutter" who will be the second antagonist in the movie. The movie will be about a former gangster protecting his 20 year old son from a mafia boss who is planning to assassinate him. The movie will be staring Colin Farrell, Timothee Chalamet, Joe Pesci and Al Pacino. Two months later, it was Grammys Night, I took Janey to the Grammys as my date and performed, "Dance With Me" at the Grammys. Although, I lost the two Grammys, but I got reviewed for the best performance of the Grammys. At Oscars night, I invited my mom to come to the Oscars with me along with Janey. We walked in the theater for the awards and later throughout the show, it was time to announce supporting role. I lost the award to my co-star, Jharrel Jerome, but I was proud for him. He delivered an incredible speech.

"I feel like I should be at home. But I'm here for my inspiration and for the actors with the people in the category I'm with. My momma is here. I just wanna say thank you mom for everything. Of course, Denzel. Thank you for giving me this opportunity. Warner Bros. My team, Perry, Emily, Jen and Jordan. But most importantly this is for the men who fought in the war. Thank you so much. It's a real honor and a blessing." Jharrel said as the crowd including me applauded. Denzel has won for Best Director and Vietnam has won filmed of the year! The cast and crew including myself cheered. I hugged my mom and kissed Janey as I got up wit the cast members on stage. I went on Twitter and said, "I'm officially in an Academy Award winning movie, bitch!" I took pictures with a lot of celebrities and it was the best night of my life. I was featured in Yungblud next song, "Sick." The song went #2 in America and #2 in the UK. I've been featured on Murda Beatz song, "Gift Wrap" featuring NAV and me.  Young Palace released is debut album, "Beware of the Grim Reaper" and Skullboy released his debut mixtape, "Drug Deal Chronicles." Things have gone big for the Wreck It Crew lately, now it was time to my new album, "The Last Good Year." the album features YungBlud, Young Palace, 88Glam, Playboi Carti, Pierre and DaBaby. Despite receiving poor reviews from music critics the album, it was a commercial success, reaching #1 in the U.S. Charts. The first single, "Ben Foster" went to #10. The second single, "The Last Good Year" featuring YungBlud went #6. The music video featured me making a surprise appearance at YungBlud concert. And my third single, "Sleep Paralysis" that flop on the chart. People complained that the music video was too demonic, but that was my vision when I had Sleep Paralysis. I went on another tour called, "The Last Good Tour" with DaBaby and Lil Nas X. My other collaboration with Young Pinch, "Love Lays Dying" went #2 on Billboard Hip Hop Charts. During the tour DaBaby had to drop out halfway due to a court date. Jaden Smith went on tour with me on the International dates. After the tour, I went back to the states to do interviews for "Don't Look Back." After the movie was released, it received mixed reviews." My character get killed near the climax of the movie. I went to Young Palace first tour at the House of Blues to check him out. After his performance, I talked to him.

"Yo, look who's back!" Young Palace said as he gave me a dap.

"Yo, man. Great show tonight you killed it." I said.

"Hey, Jane. Glad you made it." Young Palace said.

"Thanks, you were amazing. This was our date night." Janey chuckled.

"So where the rest of the guys?" Young Palace said.

"Oh, they had shit to do. But they told to congratulated you on your first night." I said.

"Man, I wish they was here, but anyway..." Young Palace said.

Suddenly, I got a phone call from my mom, Katherine, I had to go to a quiet place to hear her well.

"Hold on, it's my ma. I gotta take this." I said as I answered the phone and walked away from Palace and Janey.

"So, how does it feel to hold your first tour?" Janey asked Palace.

"It's a real blessing." Young Palace said.

"What?!" I said  softy as my voice was about to break.

Young Palace and Janey looked at me and as they saw me breaking down over a phone call when I got the worst news ever.

"Yo, Ly! You alright, man" Palace came up to me.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Janey said.

"It's my grandma." I sniffled." She... she passed away." I cried as tears rolling down my face.

"My grandma, she was like my second mother to me. I can't believe she gone, man." l  was heartbroken. 

"Yo, Ly. We're right here for you." Young Palace said as he hugged me.

I had to go back to Atlanta for the funeral at the end of service and my mom had a talk.

"This is not on you, Lysander." Katherine said to me.

"If I had to come visit y'all, she would've..." I said till my mom stop me.

"Stop this nonsense, now. Stop it. Your grandma was real happy for you and she was very proud of you. We both were. It's time to let someone else take care of her now. I'm proud of you." Katherine said as she hugged me.