Acting Career

One night, I went to a grand opening night at Janey's art gallery. I went in an all-black button shirt with a black tie while Janey was wearing a red sultry dress. 

"Wow, bae. This place is really awesome. You really out done yourself." I said looking at the art portraits while walking beside Janey.

"Thanks, Ly. It took a lot of hard work to get this open." Janey said.

"Well, I'm proud of you, Janey." I said as I gave her a kiss. Then a young Korean American man came up to us.

"Jane." he said.

"Oh. Um... Ly, this is Hans, my art director. Han, this is..."  Janey introduce.

"Maxx Misfit. Huge fan of your music." Han said as had his hand out and I shook it.

"I'll take that as a compliment. My real name is Lysander, but my friends call me Ly." I chuckled.

"Well, Ly is a cool nickname. Jane. This is awesome. You done an excellent job." Han said.

"Please, Han, you're the director. I was doing everything you told me to do." Janey said.

"Come on, everyone waiting." Han said as he grab her hand and took her to the center of the gallery.

All the artists including Hans and Janey gathered everybody around including me.

"Thank you all for coming! But mostly we would like to say thank you to all this hardworking artist." Hans said as everybody had a glass of wine and made a toast.

After the toast, walked by and looked at all the portraits and saw one with Janey on it. I stopped to looked and Hans came up next to me.

"Enchanting isn't it?" Hans said.

"Yeah, you can say that." I said.

"You and Jane have a gift, you two really are lucky to have each other." Hans said.

"I appreciate that, man. You know, I like art myself. Also since I was a kid. I use to draw the streets of my old neighborhood on my mother's wall and she didn't like it." I chuckled.

"Wow, you must've been something. Well anyway, I also wanna asked you a personal question. When is your next album coming out. I'm dying to hear it." Hans laughed.

"Well, actually I've been thinking about taking a break from releasing music and go into acting a little bit more." I said.

"Oh acting. That's great. I also find it interesting seeing rappers going into acting like, Method Man, Queen Latifah, Ice Cube, etc, etc." Hans chuckled.

"Yeah. My debut picture, "Angel Boy." That made wanna do more and more. Have you seen it?" I asked.

"I've heard about it. I heard it was good movie, but I haven't seen it." Hans said.

"Oh well you got to watch it. Now "Lenox" we don't talk about that. To be quite frankly, I thought the script was shitty even though I took the role. But don't tell anyone I said that." I said as Janey  start walking toward us.

"Hey, what's going on, here?" Janey said.

"Oh nothing. Your talented boyfriend here, told me he's taking his acting career on the move." Hans said.

"Really?" Janey said.

"Yeah, Got new ideas." I said.

As I drove home, Janey and I discussed our careers.

"You never told me you were going to start doing more acting." Janey said.

"I was thinking of doing more since my praised on Angel Boy. Come on, the critics love it. More than they did for Lenox." I said.

"I wish you would told me about it, before." Janey said.

"Well, I'm tell you now. Look, you have your career and I got mine. I supported yours. Can you be supportive on mine?" I said.

"I've always supported your career, Ly." Janey said.

"Good. Let's just leave it at that." I said.

As we stopped at a red light, I saw a big billboard of Liam's new album called, "Legal."

"Looks like he finally getting his own shine." Janey said.

"Yeah, well, I'm happy for that nigga." I said as he drove off.

"Bae, one more thing. It's okay if I can do this one music video at the gallery?" I asked Janey.

I wrote a song for Jeremih called, "Gallery" featuring me. The video was filmed at Janey's gallery and most of my scene were filmed on a green screen, while Jeremih was filmed at the gallery.     Back to my acting career, I accept a tv film role for a BET music/drama called, "BAAL." I played, "Baal" a young amoral rebellious poetic genius who after a short and eventful life of debauchery, betrayal and violence, is about to cut his ties to the world and meet his doom. My character is looks poorly and rugged looking with gold teeth all over his mouth. The story sets place in the early 1900s. The cast will be mostly African Americans and some white people. Such as, Mekhi Phifer, Nicole Ari Parker, Draya Michelle, Elijah Kelly, Grace Byers, Irv Gotti, Jude Demorest and Kevin Zegers. Robert Townsend directed it who did Carmen A Hip Hopera. It premiered on BET on September. I released a soundtrack EP for Baal and the movie had lukewarm reviews from the critics. I went on "Black-ish" to make a cameo as myself and a voiceover in Cartoon Network's Steven Universe. I also did a small role in Mr. Robot were I played a hacker. Back to music, I did a collaboration with Kehlani on her upcoming called, "Circles." Janey visited me at the video shoot where she saw me with Kehlani sharing chemistry on the set. She had a straight look on her face as I was holding her, but it was all for acting.

"And cut! That's a wrap people. Thank you very much" said the director.

"Hey babe." I kissed Janey and hugged her.

"Hi." Janey said as she hugged back.

"What you think?" I asked her.

"It was... it was great. I really loved the song." Janey smiled.

"Oh wait, I want you to meet Kehlani. Hey Kehlani come here! Kehlani this is Janey. Janey this is Kehlani" I introduce them.

"Hi, I love your hair." Kehlani said.

"Thanks. I love your music." Janey said.

"Thanks! Hey, Ly, that was a very cool shoot." Kehlani said.

"Well, thanks for having me doing this track for you." I said.

"No, problem. Well, I gotta go check on lil mama. See ya." Kehlani said as she walked away.

"Later. Well, I'm done wanna go get something to eat?" I asked.

"Yeah. Sure." Janey said.

"Let's go." I said as I hold her hand as we left.