Young Dagger Jack

My "We All Die At The End 2" mixtape has been released on Apple Music, iTunes, Spotify, Amazon Music and Google Play. It has 12-tracks on it with one featured named CRiMSON. I went on Instagram to the Def Jam page and saw them promoting my mixtape, especially on the XXL and Complex. Most of the comments were, "who?" or "who the fuck is this?" because I'm a new artist that no one has ever heard of. So far, I have 9,000 listeners streaming my debut mixtape. In order to promote my mixtape, I went on tour with Ugly God as the opening act. Peanut was my hype man and X-Ray was my Dj.

"Alright! Alright! Alright! Y'all ready to see my boy, Maxx Misfit!?" X-Ray said to the crowd. 

"Y'all Make Some Noise for Maxx Misfit!!" he scream as I walked to the stage.

I looked at the audience and some weren't enthusiastic and one of the concert goers said, "I heard this dude mixtape and that shit was trash." My anxiety start to increase and my ears were ringing as the audience was staring at me, but I had to fight it and start performing.

"Yo, X! Drop that beat. Everybody put your motherfucking hands up!" I yelled as I start performing. The crowd was getting lit and start jumping during my song. Alexander was at the concert watching my performance, he smiled at the energy and confidence I was giving and the excitement from the crowd was spectacular. During a break from the tour me and Ugly God decide to make a track together in the hotel room.

"Yo, G, you ready man?" I said.

"Yeah, I'm ready. Let's get this shit." Ugly God put his headphones and look at the lyrics on his phone as they recording.

"Alright, I'm ready let's get it." I said.

Two weeks later, we drop the track on Soundcloud and it received mixed reviews mostly because of me. Some of the comments were, "Don't ever collab with Maxx Misfit, again."                 "This was hot trash." "Trash" "Wtf is this shit." "You dope, but Maxx sucks."

After we were done touring, outside of a parking lot, there was a rapper named, Nicky Bills, and start calling me out.

"Look who it is, Maxx Misfit. The new underdog, nigga." He said.

"Yeah, you wanna a selfie or an autograph?" I said.

"Nah, I ain't a fan. Just to tell you your music is shit, just like you." Nicky said.

"Listen, man. I don't try me. I'm tired, I've been on a long tour and I just wanna go home." I said.

"Hey, you hear that. This nigga sound like a bitch. I knew you was a bitch." Nicky said.

"I told you, man. Don't try me." I said.

"Or what, huh? You gonna pow me with a glock or beat me ass?" He said as he start charging at me.

"I SAID DON'T FUCKING TRY ME!!!" I said aggressively pulling a dagger out of my left leg in my sock.

"Oh shit, this crazy nigga got a knife." Nicky said.

"Issa Dagger, nigga." I said pointing the weapon at him.

Everyone had their phones out and recorded the confrontation. People were surrounded us and my road manager Fred and Peanut try to pull me back.

"No no no, Ly, it's not even worth it, man!" Fred said as he took the Dagger out of my hand and put me back in the van.

"Come on, man. Let's go." Peanut said to me.

"Yeah, run like a bitch you are!" Nicky yelled.

"No, no, no! Come on. Let's get in the van." Fred said.

A few days later, the video was release on Worldstar and Alexander went to my house to have a little talk about the incident.

"This is not a good look, Ly! Pulling out a knife while everyone was filming you? Do you know how stupid this looks for you?" He said.

"At least it wasn't a gun I pulled out." I said.

"It was still a weapon, Ly!" My mom exclaimed.

"Do you know that this could jeopardize your career, you could go back to juvie. Is that what you want?" Alexander said.

"No." I said.

"Good, now no more carrying weapons, especially brass knuckles." Katherine said.

"Ok ok. It won't happened again." I said as I got up.

"Lysander, hand it over." Katherine said with her hand out.

"What?" I said.

"Hand it over, now." she ordered as I put the dagger in her hand.

I went to my room, laid in bed and had some thoughts running through my head. I got some ideas for my next mixtape. I got my notebook and wrote some new music. I even sketch some ideas for my alter ego, Young Dagger Jack. I drew an anime version of myself with a dagger infant of my face.

"This shit is dope." I said to myself.

One year later, I died my hair blonde like my drawing and was in the studio recording. I took a break and walk to the store to grab a red bull and Doritos. Then I saw an old friend, Liam.

"Yo, L?" Liam said.

"Liam?" I said.

"Dude, I can't believe you're out!" I gave him a dab.

"Yeah, man. They let me go free." Liam said.

"So, what you been doing?" I asked.

"Oh been out and about. I'm about to get a tattoo, you wanna tag along?" Liam asked.

"Sure, man. I think I'm gonna get one two. But do guess what?" I said.

"What?" he said.

"I got sign to Def Jam." I said.

"Nigga, what?" Liam said.

We went to tattoo parlor to get our tattoos. Liam got a tattoo of his late mom on his shoulder and I got tattoos on my knuckles with roman numeral on it.

"Dude, I can't believe you are part of Def Jam. That shit crazy." Liam said.

"Yeah, man. Just release my first mixtape to the world and went on tour with Ugly God. That's wild, huh?" I said.

"Man, you about to get that bag check. But I got to ask you one question." Liam said chuckling.

"What?" I asked.

"Why you look like fucking Goku from Dragon Ball Z, man?" Liam laughed.

"Oh, it's my alter ego, Young Dagger Jack." I said.

"Okay what's the story of this Young Dagger Jack?" he asked.

"It's  about an anime character, like Riley and Huey from The Boondocks. Who wants to wants to save his tribe from a corrupt society." I said.

"Dude, that would make a great anime show. You think I can have a track on your tape?" Liam said.

"Sure man, I've been thinking about a thing a few artist. On my project." I said.

"Who? Young Thug?" Liam said.

"Yes, but for the rest, I'm thinking about finding some new artist that know one has ever heard of." I said.

"Who?" Liam said.