29 | jealous

Before you could stand up and help them, a figure enters the scene.

The man picks up the musturd dress girl in his arms whilst she clunches his jacket in her small hands and encircles her arms around his neck.

"What happened? Why were they scared?" he asks as he makes his way towards you all.

"Just," Jimin replies as he side eyes Yoongi who took a seat back on the chair and started sipping his beer.

The latter chuckles, moving his eyes over where Jimin had his, "No wonder."

He continues and looks at the girl in his arms, "Do you want to go and play with your friends?"

She simply nods without looking away from Yoongi who stares back.

"Okay then, there you go." He lets her go from his arms as she runs back to the bunch of children making a nuisance.

"You want something?" Jimin questions the newcomer. The other asnwers yes with a smile.

Sitting around each other on chairs with something to drink in each one's hands, you look at the person who came but didn't even acknowledge your presence.

"So, how's is it all going Jungkook?" your brother asks.

"Work is more tiring than I thought it would be." Jungkook rolls his head back and massages his nape for good three seconds as you couldn't look away.

"Oh...so you joined your fathers company?" Yoongi who a sat quietly questioned.

"Yeah man and believe me there's this one women wh-"

"Hey, Hana. I'm not late, right?"

Looking over to the voice behind you, your eyes meet Taehyung in a much more casual attire. His bangs falling over his forehead as he then wore a black baseball cap with a grin on his lips.

"No, just on time," you smiled and shook your head.

Taehyung walked over to you and dragged a chair along with him to take a seat. You handed him a strawberry juice bottle with a straw and he giggled.

"Sorry sir, but I can't let you have wine around kids." you teased with a smile lingering over your lips.

"Yah stop with that sir, you know I don't like it," he glared, intentionally narrowing his eyes to show his anger but ended up giggling.

"You two seem pretty close," Jungkook remarked.

Silence falls over you all for a while as you stare at Jungkook, not knowing how to reply.

On the other hand, Jungkook was himself taken aback by his comment. He doesn't know why he said that, for all he knows that there was a tight feeling in his chest when he saw you and Taehyung talk.

"Timing is everything. I seem to have used it well." the latter smiles, weirdly.

The air becomes more dense at Taehyung's reply which somehow wasn't an answer Jungkook needed.

Jungkook's jaw clenches as his hand tighten around the beer he held. His gaze darkens as he continues giving sharp looks to Taehyung who stares back without hesitation.

Jimin gulps from the tention as looks at Yoongi who shrugs.

After a short moment of silence, you speak, "He's my boss. Taehyung's my boss."

Jungkook moves his eyes over to you after hearing your statement. Your body stiffens under his gaze as he eyes  you.

His eyes soften when he sees your tense form and he relaxes himself. As he looks at you, he notices the reductiom of fat under your chin.

In those short seconds, Jungkook quickly roams his eyes all over your body. Skinnier legs and thighs, thin waist and small face was all he sees.

You look different now, completely different. Not just to him but everyone.

Because, Park Hana now looks beautiful.

"Congralutions Hana. I didn't know you got a job," Jungkook lies through his smile.

"Thank you," you genuinely smile on having interact with him.

+ + +

"Hana, try these It's really delicious." Taehyung offers a packet of potato chips as he sits beside you.

While the sun had fully set in the horizon and the moon bathed the earth with its luminous glow. All five of you sat around a burning fire with something to eat.

Most of the kids had went home while some other high school teenagers were inside Grandma's house, devouring homemade biscuits.

With your eyes filled with concern and hands hesitating to extend forward, you eyed the food in front of you.

Seeing your state, Taehyung's black bright eyes softened and he smiled. "Don't worry. Some chips won't do you any harm. I won't let them." His voice was soft and gentle as if sugar coated with a layer of sweet cream and caramel.

However, sitting beside you, a pair of eyes watched everything happening. As the weird feeling in their chest grew, their breathing became shallow.

In the very next second, a bowl of popcorn was shoved right in front of face whilst your eyes widened upon the sudden flash.

"T–try this too." He stuttered.

Upon moving your eyes over to your right, your sight fell on a annoyed looking Jungkook who was staring right back at you without looking away.

[A/N]

Unedited.