44 | never go back

Sitting on the edge of the bed, Hana fumbled with her fingers. As she waited for the later to arrive from the bathroom.

Remembering the past week spend at Taehyung's, she could feel her body physically getting better. Meanwhile, Jimin would try to stay as much as he could even though he was busy with his own work.

Hana's parents were a different story however, because neither were they okay nor against the fact that their young daughter was staying acroos from them for the past week without catching a glimpse of her.

Or perhaps it was just that Jimin hadn't let them see Hana, saying it'll break their hearts to see her wrapped around in bandages and skin red with small bruises here and there.

"Are you ready?" Taehyung asked making his way towards Hana with a first aid box in his hands.

"Yeah." Hana replied.

As the two were alone for most of the time at Taehyung's place, Hana had opened up to him a lot in one week. There weren't any lies, any silence or any fights as Taehyung was secretly trying his best to fill the void in Hana's heart.

Sitting in front of Hana, Taehyung opened the box to take out the supplies for the cleansing of the wounds. With a smile painted on his lips, he lifted his eyes and gazed at Hana.

"How're you feeling now?" Taehyung asked.

"Much better. I-I feel happy somehow." Lowering her gaze on the white mattress, Hana replied.

Taehyung giggled, "I'm glad you are. You deserve to be after all."

"Actually, Taehyung...?" Hana hesitently spoke.

"Huh?"

"I-I was wondering yesterday–how he must be doing...uhm I–"

Taehyung took in a breath and sighed. Lifting his head further up, he caressed Hana's wrist.

"How?" Taehyung stared at her intently as if searching for something in her eyes.

"Huh?"

"How is it so hard for you to forget him?" Taehyung breathed.

Hana's eyes slightly widened at Taehyung's question. Her mind going blank as she tried to process what he had said.

"Tae–Taehyung it's not like tha–that—"

"Then, what it it?" He asked once again. His own heart going berserk by simply looking at the girl in front of him.

"I was wondering if he could change Taehyung. He–he said he loved me. I did too. A lot. B-but why–?" Clunchting Taehyung's shirt in her hands, Hana's throat tightened and breath became shallower.

Placing his own hand over Hana's, Taehyung interwinded their fingers and moved their hands to place it over his chest where his heart lay underneath; thumping loudly.

Hana's eyes switched from Taehyung's to his chest and back and forth as her mind couldn't get whether it was her effect on the later or perhaps something else.

"Tae–Taehyung I–"

"Shh." Placing his index finger over her lips, he continued staring at her face.

"Please Hana..."

"Please what?"

"Please, never go back." A tear slipped down Taehyung's eye as he sucked in a breath to not cry out.

Hana's hand lifted up as a reflex and she wiped the tear from his cheeks. "If that is what it takes to make you happy, then I'll never go back." Hana whispered.

Hana doesn't know why but she genuinely wanted to say that to Taehyung when she saw the tears rolling down his cheeks. As if she finally let her heart decide what she wanted.

Taehyung's heart skipped a beat as he heard Hana's words slip out of her lips. Catching a glimpse at her lips, he once again lifted his eyes to meet her's.

Inching closer to her body, Taehyung placed his hand under her chin and stared at her intently. While his other hand still caressed her forarm, his right hand roamed around her cheek with gentleness.

His breath mingling along with Hana's, he brought his face closer to her. As he decreased the distance between the two, he felt Hana's eyes being closed.

Taehyung wondered how unfair it was to him. Two hearts, beating for each other but only one could find it's way to the other.

As he gazed at Hana's closed eyes and her deep breaths, he finally inched more closer. Pressing his lips over her forehead, he felt her body become stiff under his touch.

Taehyung's face right in front of Hana, he saw her eyes slowly fluttering open. Exhaling a breath, he roamed his lips to her eyes before softly pressing a kiss over them. Moving his lips downwards, he pressed several kisses over the girl's cheeks.

"You better keep your words, sweetheart." Taehyung whispered with his deep, rampsy voice against her ear before pressing another kiss on Hana's earlobe.

[A/N]

Hey ya'll. Can you rate this story from 1–10 honestly or perhaps give a feedback?