40 | kisses and hugs

Love.

For one, love could be something beautiful. Something sudden and breathtaking.

It could make one feel escatatic and on cloud nine in broad daylight.

However, your love for someone can make you abominate your very existence to the point of suffocation.

Love is dangerous.

But, irresistible in itself.

As I walked down the streets of Seoul with that thought, my calves were in extreme pain from the heels I wore. Like tearing my skin apart, the muscles contracted with every step I took forward.

An arm around my waist and his body pressed to mine, he brought his lips closer to my ear lobe, whispering the same words for the nth time. "I'm sorry", he mumbled.

Giving him the same reply I gave the previous time, I looked down at my hands wondering about nothing and nodded.

The air was dense and filled with the smell of alcohol. It didn't make me feel excited like it did to him.

From the corner of my eyes I could see him. Staring at my face with a sympathatic look.

He was on the verge of tears, trying to control himself and I knew it. But not this time. For I have shed more tears and sobs than he could have in his whole life.

Surely, I'm wrong to say that when I forgave him the very day he came barging in my house with tears rolling down his eyes.

He sobbed; hard.

He apologized; several times.

For he missed my embrace.

And I wrapped my arms around his body and kissed his wet cheeks.

"I'll be right back.", he said and went towards the restrooms.

Gulping down the non–alcoholic mocktale the bartender served me, I looked around trying to entertain my eyes.

Looking down at the glass in my hands, I sturred the drink like they do in movies with their whiskey. It almost slipped out and I stopped.

The blue drink reminding me of the days when I drank wine with Taehyung.

By the time I finished the drink, he came back and smiled showing his smile I adored so much.

Today, however I felt empty.

But, smiling anyways, I forced the smile to come till my eyes.

Ashamed of myself, I looked away at the table and a random guy showing tricks with the fire bottles.

"Would you like to dance?", he asked hesitantly.

After a moment of silence, I replied. "Shoud we go?"

He looked into my eyes and my heart skipped a beat. His effect still lingering somewhere in my heart.

He knew I wasn't asking about going to the dance floor but rather exiting the club.

Nodding his head slowly, he wrapped his hand around mine and held it tightly; a habit he developed whenever walking beside me.

While we walked out the crowded area, the music behind us faded to my great relief and my shoulders relaxed.

"Let's go somewhere." He didn't ask but stated, not wanting me to decline him with another question.

Carelessly nodding at him, I looked at the concreate ground and focused on the sound of my heels contacting them.