34 | lovesick

𝙼𝚘𝚘𝚗 𝚍𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚕𝚞𝚗𝚐𝚜, 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚜

𝚒𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚎𝚢𝚎𝚜,  𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚊 𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚌𝚘𝚜𝚖𝚘𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚊 𝚛𝚞𝚕𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚔𝚒𝚎𝚜.

♧    ♧

Standing near the water fountain as dense fog escaped your mouth, your cheeks were turning red. It was late December, more over New Year's Eve.

Snowflakes were falling ever so slowly as some collected over your head. The grey beanie over you wasn't enough while your shoes were dipped in a thick layer of snow.

The large bomber jacket held your body warm as the time ticked and you waited for Jungkook to arrive. Cupping your hands in front of your mouth you exhaled deep breaths to keep them cosy too.

The clock tower in front of you read the current time. 11:45pm. However, even the previous fifteen minutes felt like hours and you wondered whether to wait more or not.

Although you joyed in Jungkook, yet you had no joy of this night's meet: it was too rash, too unadvised, too sudden. You weren't ready to meet him, or perhaps even spare him a glance. Guilt had been forming in the pit of your stomach ever since the moment you kissed Taehyung.

Roaming your eyes all around the park that was speacially kept open at night for New Year, you looked at the couple's walking hand in hand, smiling so happily.

Turning your head to take a quick glance at the car, your eyes met Taehyung's as he sat in the driver's seat with windows rolled down. Supporting his head on his hand, he continued looking at you without blinkly and brought a forced smile on his lips.

Gesturning with his hand for you to go away and look for Jungkook, he widened his smile and gazed at you with hurtful eyes that were all too noticiable for you now.

Giving him a small nod, you turned back around and walked away. Bringing your hands up, you touched the thin silver chain placed around your neck. The small silver crescent moon attached to the pendant felt under the tip of your fingers whilst you fumbled with it.

Somehow, you wanted to walk back. Turn around and attack Taehyung with a warm and comforting hug in the cold night. Wishing for that to happen, you were on the verge of breaking down in tears.

Heart was a mess now and you frowned your eyebrows once in a while when you looked around but found no trace of Jungkook.

Another notification interruped your thoughts as you took out your phone to check again.

Jungkook:
Turn right and step over in the Carousel

Taking the instructions as told, you turned right after sparing a glance around the corner of the entry where the known car was parked. However, with another sigh, you walked forward.