33 | lake

The steam from the cup rised as you sat quietly beside the window. Eyes roaming over the freah little scrub marks on the table, the scene felt all too familiar.

The voices were blurred in the background as you kept your head low, looking at the warm steam slowly disappearing from the cup.

With two other empty cups of coffee in front of you, the third one was half way through. Bitter taste lingered over the back of your mouth and you didn't feel the need to drink more.

Finally looking up; the first place you looked at was another set of table in the corner of the cafè. However, as much as the atmosphere was light and cheerful all around the place, the certain corner seat seemed to have been surrounded by dense air and dark gazes.

The slender figure of the man streached out in the seat was visible to your eyes, however not even once did he throw you a look. Opposite of him sat the women, lips moving continuously as she talked inaudible sentences and hands hitting the table once in a while when she showed rage.

Meanwhile, he was unusally quiet with his back leaned against the seat and hands folded over his chest. A professional look in his composure and emotionless eyes were all you saw from the other corner of the room.

Too lost in your thoughts, you didn't see that the man had turned his face towards you and the women followed. Gesturing with his hand for you to come over their place, you finally got up and straightened.

The walk seemed to have taken weirdly long but the closer you walked, the more intense gazes of the women were thrown at you. And you saw it; her jaw was clenched, fists were tight and lips were strongly sealed as if she was ready to fight then and there.

Once you stood in front of the table and closer to him, the thick air surrounded you from all sides and you struggled to even take a breath.

But, then you felt a hand gently wrap around yours and the touch felt familiar. He slowly pulled you towards himself and made you sit right next to him.

"I want you to meet someone."

Eyes moving shyly over to the elegently dressed women, you gave a small nod of your head as she returned the gesture.

"Sooyun, this is Hana." Taehyung introduced with a smile.

"Pleasure to meet you, Hana. I've heard a lot about you from Taehyung." Sooyun spoke.

She was acting and you knew that. Her aura had completely changed. The one women you saw shouting and throwing fists at Taehyung could no longer be seen.

Sooyun smiled through gritted teeth at something that Taehyung said. For he saw it too, and tried his best to not make her loose her temper in front of you.

Once in a while, she would look at you in a glare, gaze at your waist, arms and entire face and frown her eyebrows which weren't noticiable.

"So, Mr. Kang stood up an–"

"Are you really Park Hana?" Sooyun cut off Taehyung and turned her body towards you a bit. As a sign of giving her attention to you and not the man who spoke previously.

"Y–yeah. I'm Park Hana."

"The same girl who entered his office when we were going at it?" Her random words slipped out leaving you uncomfortable. Somehow, talking about Taehyung with that topic wasn't very likeable.

"Yeah, I'm the one." Fidgeting with your sweater paws in small movements, you gave a quick side glance at Taehyung who was looking straight at you.

"You.." Sooyun's words stopped as she gazed at your waist and forearms. "You have changed."

"It's weird that I'm complimenting someone. But, you look pretty." Exhaling out a sigh, she looked at Taehyung who had a smile on his lips.