3 | wedding reception

"What're you looking at?" I asked curiously. As I took a seat next to mom and peaked over to her to look what she held in her hand; it turned out to be a card.

"It's a wedding card honey. Beautiful, isn't it?" She smiled as her eyes roamed over the card, focussing on the calligraphy and designs made on the edges and center.

I nodded as I glanced at it as well.

"Yeah, it is. When did it come?"

"A couple of days ago and the receptions today."

I murmured a 'mmm' and yawned. Sparing you glance, your mother chuckled.

"Be ready on time." Mom said once again and walked away to the kitchen.

"Hmm"

Suddenly, she peaked her head from the kitchen wall and grinned, "Try to look good."

I rolled my eyes and started eating the apple that I held in my hand. Turning towards the commercial on the TV, my eyes felt heavy.

Evening

My legs are still trembling since the time I slipped in these block heels. I've been shaking like this for a few hours already, it must be the adrenaline, my heart just won't slow down.

The hall is packed – no chance of a seat here, it's not like every seat is required by people but it's just filled, in a way. I'm sticking to my mother's side, holding her dress sleeve for dear life.

Dad's already gone, probably having a drink or two with his friends. There's laughter, whispering, cheering of champagne glass and loud talking.

The spoons are constantly hitting the plates as I notice the amount of people eating is more than those chatting. It's not a wedding but the reception which is held after the wedding.

The groom and bride are standing within a group, probably some old friends. There smiles shows it, their close. A glass of champagne in each one's hand, half empty or had a refill once or maybe twice.

The hall seems to smell like a composition of different branded perfumes, blended all together. Red lips and rossy cheeks, they've cakes there faces with makeup. To look good.

Then, my eyes land on my mother. She seems to be a little different than the rest. Not much of a makeup nor a fancy gown, she's looks simple yet elegant.

But, Jimin's different. In a black texudo, his hair parted from the side, with the lip tint he borrowed from me and the silver watch on his wrist, he looks no less than a son of a successful CEO.

My brother looks nice but not handsome.

He's standing near the counter, having a soft drink probably. For sure, he doesn't have the guts to have a drink when mom and dad are here.

A bunch of girls, maybe three to four surrounding him with a glass of wine in there hands. Flashing there not so white teeth to my brother as he grins back.

Just when mother looks around to find that hoe of a brother of mine, he get alert. In some way, managing to get out of his newly found fangirls group and making his way towards us.