20 | friendzoned

Silence.

The silence was somehow comforting and spoke for itself, it was peaceful in a way where you could feel at home and know that you're there, safe and secure.

The silence was comfortable, a silence between two long-time friends. I enjoyed the warmth of companionship, rather than the noise of chattering incessantly as we lean on our seats and watch the road before us.

The silence caressed my skin like the warm summer breeze, smoothing my soul and taking away my jagged edges. It had been one hell of a rough day.

The rain had stopped to a drizzle as I watched it fall on the window beside my seat. Small droplets sinking and mixing into each other relaxed my mind as I once again take in the warmth from the jacket that Taehyung provided me.

After picking me up from the bus stop, none of us talked. But, somehow I wanted us to do so. I wanted to talk to him as a friend, as a neighbour and for him to initiative it. After all, he was good friend to be around.

"Does this jacket keep you warm?" he takes a quick glance at me before looking at the road ahead.

His one hand on the steering wheel and other on the handle controlled the car properly.  The suit he wore was damped with water when he stepped out of the car at the bus stop.

Apparently, he took off his coat as he now sat only in his pants and a white shirt. Either of them stuck to his body as I noticed how muscular he is.

I nodded, as if suddenly at a loss of words to answer his question.

"I've noticed you don't talk much, Hana. Would it be okay if I call you Hana instead of Miss Park outside workplace?" this time with a longer look at me, he raises his eyebrows and smiles.

"Yeah, it's fine with me." I say as I keep my head lowered.

Out of nowhere, he chuckles.

"Don't tell you texted me that you won't be able to come to work just because you wanted to walk around in the rain for more than three hours."

After a moment of silence, I answer.

"I honestly don't know. I guess I needed time to think about some things going around in my life."

"Does those things include me?" he chuckles a bit louder.

Yes.

"No, Mr. Kim." I respond as I turn my head to the window.

"Aww. I'm sad." he says with a cute, soft voice.

Uhm..what's with him today?

"Sorry...?"

"Hmm. You should be." he nods his head and smacks my shoulder with the hand that was on the handle. As a result, my body jerked and hit the window.

Seriously, what is with him today?

+ + +

"Thank you for today, Mr. Kim." I smile as I stood out of the car in front of him.

"No need and please call me Taehyung . But, outside work only."

I nodded.

"I'll take my leave now. See you later, Taehyung." I wave with a smile printed on lips and turn around.

That's when his hand gently grabbed my wrist. My body turned back and stared at him with eyebrows raised.

"Are you free tomorrow?" Taehyung stares at me back with a serious look.

"Yeah, I guess."

"So would you like to go out with me?" his eyes softens.

"As friends?"

For a second I thought his grip on my hand loosen while his eyes showed emotions I couldn't quite understand.

"Yeah, as friends. So would you?" he queries, his hand leaving my wrist and shoves them in his pocket.

"Sure." I smile.

"Okay then I'll pick you up. Take care."

Without giving me time to process, I found myself in his embrace after a short second. His arms were wrapped around my body as he kept his head over mine.

"Bye Hana." he waves and walks away to his house.

"Bye." I whisper back but he's too far to hear me.

Turning my body to make my way to my house, I hear a cough.

"What're you doing with that thing again?"

Taking a halt in my steps, I let the question sink in me.

"The thing has a name Yoongi. Plus, he picked me in the rain." I face him and say.

"Its just that I don't trust him enough." he narrows his eyes and looks at the way Taehyung walked away.

"You don't trust anyone."

"Except you." his sentence took me off guard for a second.

"And why's that?" I ask, folding my arms over my chest.

"You're too dumb to betray anyone." Yoongi pinches my nose before walking away, which I now notice with a dog by his side.