Chapter 2. Ep 22. Scrawny little david

After  the hearing and everything David wanted to hangout with jordynn because he was feeling her, and the kiss had been on his mind since it happened but he didn't wanna bring that up after today, and just get to know her better, after hearing everything in court it was kind of a must for him to do.

"I'm sorry.." jordynn said breathing heavy "but why did you bring my fat ass up this big ass hill?" She asked as he took her hand to help her up the rest of the hill

"I wanted to bring you to the court" he told her opening the gate door to a basketball court on top of a hill in Miami

"Why's there a court all the way up here? And why are we here at night?" She asked looking around as they both walked in, she looked st him "you trapping me or something?" She said putting her hands on her hips still tired

"Naw Girl, I wanted to bring you here, this my chill spot.." he said looking around "the basketball court? You didn't even bring a ball"

"Cause it ain't about playing ball, it's my safe space...come on" he said grabbing her hand and taking her to the where you could see the top view of all the lights and houses in Miami "we're away from everything, it's chill here, I use to come here all the time when I use to visit Miami when I was younger"

"Visit? I thought you lived in New York then moved here?" She asked still looking st the houses "Naw, I use to visit this place atleast every other month, and I'd always come here."

He sat down on the grass and jordynn sat right next to him

"My parents lived in New York there whole lives, and when me and my sister were little we use to visit here because my moms family moved down here, she wanted to move down here too but my dad wasn't tryna lose his job...so we just use to visit, then after they divorced we moved to Miami, and I pursued my music career, then after I had that shit bagged, I moved back to New York and played for the basketball team..then I got traded here, can't really play tho since it's off season"

She nodded "cool...I didn't know that, why'd your parents get divorced?"

"Eh, same reason you and Lucas getting divorced, my dad was abusive, to my momma and me and my sister, after 20 years of marriage she couldn't deal with it anymore, so she decided to move to Miami, she became a nurse and started helping victims of abuse"

"I'm sorry...did she remarry? Or date?" "Naw, she's kind of done with men, me and my sister tried helping her find someone but she didn't wanna end up in the same position"

"I don't blame her..it's hard to get over...so why is this place your favorite place?"

"Well.." He said laughing "some might not really believe me, but when a nigga was little, he use to get bullied"