Chapter 4, Ep 54. Rooftop talk

"Y'all been messing with my dad? Did y'all know the nigga was in town?" David sat in his chair downstairs in his basement keeping an eye on the football game going on while Kenny Kia and his mother were down there

"David it really isn't that serious honey..."

"Ma. Don't tell me what is and what isn't serious, you don't think that my dad being in town, for the past year isn't serious?. Why are all y'all talking to him and I'm not? You don't even need to be talking to him ma after the shit he put you through."

"David-" "no don't David me. Why is everyone but me talking to him? Me and him was close as hell but he tryna see y'all?"

"David you sound a little childish right now baby, it wasn't our decision to speak to him he spoke to us, and told us not to tel you, I'm only speaking to him because of Kenny and Kia, he wants to catch up on things and I'm helping, your father has been through some stuff since we left"

"You're helping the dude that hurt you?. Aight listen..." he sighed a bit "send me his address cause imma go see him"

"Maybe he don't wanna see you right now." "Well he's going to the hell. It's been years, I just don't understand y'all, y'all weird as hell." He got out of the chair clearing his throat looking over st Kenny and Kia playing pool

"Imma be upstairs, I expect a message with an address from you when I get up there too." She sighed picking her phone up "sometimes you get on my nerves kid"

"Well you get on my nerves too" he made his way up the stairs, opening the door to the living room and closing it he walked into the kitchen as his phone buzzed in his pocket, he ignored it for right now, he went to the fridge grabbing a Gatorade bottle, he made his way upstairs to his room looking st his phone, he got his moms text and also a text from Jordynn

Jordynn💙: studio session??? I have a bunch of unrecorded songs if your not busy.

He sat on his phone and went back to his mothers message copying the address down

He was planning on going either tonight or early tomorrow, he wanted to see what was up, but he also wanted to go see Jordynn, David stood up grabbing his stuff to head over to the studio

David: be there in 1o.

••••••••••••••••••••

"So, your dad? He's in town and he's been in town and you never knew?"

"Basically." He said leaning back in his chair as him and Jordynn sat in the studio after only recording one song "I think that's kind of messed up. Did you say you and him were close?"

"Close as hell." "I say go see him, and see what the deal is, but also be careful, I can go with you if you want me too. I mean, you haven't seen him in a while , you don't need to go alone."

"I just don't know if I'm tryna go or not. Maybe the nigga really ain't tryna see my ass, but if he don't wanna see me then why In the hell he tryna see Tai and my momma,..."

"Maybe he's just scared"

"Of What?"

"Seeing you know, I'm sure he's seen videos and pictures but, he doesn't actually know you, maybe he's scared to see you for the first time again. And I'm only saying this because if I left leyanna and came back years later. I Know I would probably be freaking out."