Chapter 2, Ep 35. Mind yours

" listen I know she doing some shit. She just being sneaky ma" I said talking to my mom while she was at my place along with Kenny Chris and Kia.

"Can we either talk in the kitchen or in one of the many rooms you have?" She asked picking up her bowl of chips from the counter

"Aye y'all, we finna be upstairs, we'll be right back."  I told them, they wasn't paying attention so we didn't bother to make them and just headed down to the basement

Getting down there she sat in one of my chairs and I sat in the other not bothering with the tv

"So your saying what about Tai?" She asked eating her chips

"She's doing something sneaky, she using again or something ma, you should've saw her fucking house, and her. Boffum look nasty and rough."

"David...your sister might just be going through something right now, maybe that's why they have to spend so much time out of town, she might be trying to get back into the groove. She looks pretty whenever she's around me."

"Ma you ain't gone to her house obviously. Domani wasn't even there with her and I know his ass gotta be unemployed."

"David, your sister is fine, domani is Fine and the kids are fine, I just don't want them at my place all the time. They miss being at home"

"I wouldn't miss being home if my place was looking like that.. I don't think you know how bad she was looking, it ain't even her looks it's the way she acting, scratching and talking all fast n shit."

"So what? Do you think she's using or something?."

"Well I don't wanna assume, but I mean I ain't seen her look like that since high-school, and we all know domani was using, he probably got her using stuff too."

"Domani is a nice boy.."

"Domani is a crackhead momma. Domani done used every fucking drug you can find on earth mama. He is not no 'nice boy'. He fucked Tai up."

"It's not his fault she wanted to act crazy and use drugs, acting just like her daddy...she decided to do that to herself David, and you know that, the only reason she does is because of y'alls dad"

"Ma. Everything bad we do ain't because of that nigga, she decided to do drugs but she wouldn't of done shit if she ain't meet his ass, exactly why I never liked him. Ma I know you was tryna raise some nice ass kids but everything we do that you don't like, Isnt because of our dad."

She sat up on her chair a bit "why isn't it? Tai started using drugs after we left. You got arrested a while after we left and I'm sure as hell that if we didn't leave none of that shit would've happened."

"Me getting arrested had nothing to do with him, it bad everything to do with the fuck ass justice system. Ma you still pissed off at him?"

"Why wouldn't I be david? When we divorced he didn't come and see y'all before we moved down here..he didn't want to see you guys. And I didn't even want him to see y'all but why wouldn't I want y'all seeing your father, David, Tai was mad at me when we left, she blamed me for your dad not coming to see you guys, that's why she was always getting in trouble and we were always arguing and still, always argue. That's why me and Tai never speak, because she's still mad. And so am I"