New School

Charlotte

My name is Charlotte West Page. Both my mom and dad are lawyers and they are always busy. We used to live in Canada but my mom got a job opportunity at one of the law firms in California and so we had to move.

I was not happy about it because I was in my sophomore year and didn't want to leave behind my best friends and move to a whole new country altogether. I hated it. I protested but my parents convinced me that I would be happy in the new city.

We came to Cali two days ago and today I am going to my new school.

As I was getting ready, "Come on baby, you are gonna be late for school on your first day" my mom called from downstairs.

"Coming mom" I replied in the most uninterested tone.

"Aww.... don't be like that angel. You will do great at your new school" my dad said giving me a warm hug.

"I hope so dad," I said not convinced with their assurances.

"Okay, we need to get going" my mom urged me and she and I went to her car and she drove me to my new school.

I can't wait to turn 16 because my parents promised to buy me my own car. I have put in a few requests but they said they will discuss it and let me know. *fingers crossed*

The city is not that bad but it isn't Toronto and that makes me sad.

"Your father will pick you up after school sweety," my mom said once I got down in front of the school.

"Kay mom," I said in an uninterested way because I still miss my friends Morgan and Riley.

We used to be called the "Three Angels" at our school. We were the best at everything and in a way of speaking, we ruled the school but we are good people i.e. we don't use our popularity to bully people and stuff like that.

When I entered the school, people were busy running to their classes to avoid detention. I tried to find the Principal's Office but there were too many people and I got lost. When I stood in the hallway and closed my eyes to calm myself down, someone tapped on my shoulder. I turned to see a tall handsome guy with a wide smile on his face.

"Hi, are you lost?" he inquired.

"As a matter of fact, I am" I smiled.

"Are you new here?" he asked further.

"Yeah. Can you please tell me where the Principal's office is?" I asked.

"Yeah, come on, I will take you there," he said and led the way.

"Thanks" I thanked him.

"Oh, how rude of me. I am Owen. Owen Joyner." He said extending his hand.

"Charlotte Page" I shook his hand.

"Cool name" he complimented me.

"Thanks"

He is a nice guy and looks good too. Maybe I will like this city after all.

"This is the principal's office" he pointed to the door.

"Thanks for your help Owen"

"No problem. See you later. Bye," he said and went to his class.

I went into the office and received my time tables for the classes. My first class is Biology. I used the map and found my class.

"Uh excuse me, sir?" I said standing at the door.

"Yes?" the teacher turned towards me.

"I am new here and my first class is biology," I said in a nervous tone because everything here is different from that of my old school.