Love & Trust

"Hey guys, party at my place tonight" Brad announced sitting beside Jade.

"Uhmmmm......" Jace looked at Owen who had a wide smile plastered on his face.

"Yeah, and it's our first party as a couple" Jade added elated.

Charlotte spoke up before anyone else could respond, "Sorry guys, I have a test for LIMP so I can't come" 

"Yup and that means I'm out too" Jace chimed in.

Charlotte turned to him, "What? No, Jace, you should go "

"You know I can't go without you angel"

She smiled and pinched his cheek, "Aww, that's so cute but you don't have to do this for me, baby, it's not like we're married" she joked.

"But we will be one day" he replied seriously causing Charlotte to blush hard.

"Shut up Norman" she swatted his hand playfully.

"You're the one who started it" he pecked her cheek.

"So, it's settled then, you and Ow are coming?" Jade asked.

"Oh, uh I don't know bestie, I have some errands to run for my mom" Owen replied hesitatingly.

"Seriously Ow? My best friend won't come to my party?" Jade said hurt. Owen didn't want to disappoint his bestie.

"Okay, I'll be there" Owen smiled politely.

At the party

The party was lit and everyone was having a lot of fun except for Jace and Owen.

"Man, I wish my angel were here with me," Jace said looking at his friends drinking and dancing to their favorite songs.

"Yeah, I wish Jade and I were together" Owen blurted out.

"What!?" Jace turned to him.

"N...nothing" Owen began to walk away but Jace stopped him.

"I.....uhhhh.....I......uhhh" Owen stuttered avoiding eye contact.

"you know you're not using actual words." Jace chuckled.

Owen sighed, "Please don't tell this to Jade"

"Tell her what buddy that you are in love with her?" he teased him.

"No" Owen replied averting his eyes to the ground.

"Stop lying to yourself buddy"

"We are best friends Jace" Owen argued.

"So? That doesn't mean you two shouldn't love each other" Jace reasoned.

"Only I feel that way Jace, not her" he pointed out sadly.

"Don't worry buddy, she will realize soon and I should say, you two make a nice couple"

"You think so?" his face brightened up.

"I know so" Jace smiled softly.

"I can't believe I'm in love with my best friend," Owen said running his hand through his hair.

"I can't believe it took you this long to realize it" Jace chuckled.

"Very funny but I'm worried it will ruin our friendship" Owen voiced his concerns.

"Trust me Ow, it....." he was interrupted by Owen's phone ringing.

"My mom's calling," Owen said and went outside to take the call.

Jace was leaning on the wall browsing his phone. Out of nowhere, someone crashed their lips onto his. He immediately pushed them away & saw who it was.