Just Friends

"Come on angel, you are gonna be late for school"

"Coming, just a sec" Charlotte came downstairs.

"Come on baby, I am supposed to meet a client in 20 minutes," her father said looking at his watch.

"But I haven't eaten breakfast yet" Charlotte whined.

"Don't worry we can buy something on the way" her father assured her.

"Okay" Charlotte sighed and went to get her bag.

Ding dong

"I'll get it," Mr. Page said opening the front door.

"Good morning Mr. Page" Jace wished him.

"Morning Jace, what brings you here?"

"I wanted to see if Charlotte needed a ride to school"

"Actually, that would be great. She hasn't had breakfast yet and I have a meeting. Can you please give her a ride?"

"It's my pleasure sir" Jace gave him a smile.

"Thank you son"

"Angel, Jace is gonna take you to school. I am going to work, bye" Mr. Page calls to Charlotte.

"What???" Char came running to the front door but her father had already left.

"Hi, angel" Jace greeted her with a wide grin.

"I can take the bus, Jace, you don't have to do this for me"

"What? I am just helping my friend that's all" Jace replied in an innocent voice.

Charlotte rolled her eyes, "Okay, come in" she went in and Jace followed her.

Jace waited until she finished eating breakfast and then they both went to his car. On the way, they picked up Jade from her house and went to school.

"So, Jace gives you a ride every day?" Charlotte asked Jade when they reached their lockers.

"Welllllll......." Jade looks at Jace who rolled his eyes.

"What?" Charlotte asked curiously.

"Let's just say he is my ride for this month" Jade replied while Jace and Owen shook their heads.

"Angel, I wanted to ask you something." Jace began nervously.

"What is it, Jace?" Charlotte turned to him.

"I was just wondering if maybe you wan.........." Jace was interrupted by the bell.

"Talk to you later Jace, bye" Charlotte rushed to her class.

"Shit" Jace cursed under his breath.

"Chill dude, you can ask her at lunch" Owen patted him on the back and went to his class.

Jace sighed and headed for the most dreaded class, math.

At lunch

"Where's Jace?" Owen asked as he, Jade, and Charlotte sat down for lunch.

"He has a makeup test for pre calc" Jade informed him.

"Why can't he just drop that subject and take something else?" Owen said feeling bad for his friend.

"You know he wants to go to business school and he needs calculus for that" Jade reminded him.

"Yeah" Owen sighed nodding his head.

"Wait, Jace wants to go to Business school?" Charlotte asked surprised.

"Uh yeah, why do you ask?" Jade asked her.