Breakup

When Jace dropped Jade at Owen's house, she turned to him, "Are you coming with me or not?" she asked rather angrily taking the duffel bag from the back seat of the car.

"What's in that bag?" Jace asked squinting his eyes.

"None of your business" Jade replied dismissively.

"I don't think it's a good idea bestie" Jace tried to reason with her.

"Mhmm, so it was a good idea when he woke me up with an air horn at 5 fucking AM on my birthday?" Jade demanded propping her hand on her hip.

"Look, I didn't say...." Jade interrupted him, "Are you coming or not?" she repeated her question curtly.

"Sorry bestie, I can't. Not after that long ass lecture, Freddie gave me last week. He said he'll ground me....."

"Boy he's not even married to your sister yet and you're already afraid of him?" Jade laughed mockingly, causing Jace to roll his eyes.

"Please bestie, at least tell me what you're planning to do" Jace requested her.

"What part of, "No Questions asked" don't you understand Norman?" Jade said and got out of the car.

"Don't do anything stupid Jade" Jace called after her before starting his car and going home.

Jade snuck into Owen's room through his window and saw him fast asleep. She chuckled to herself imagining his reaction when she works out her plan. She looked at the digital clock on his nightstand and saw that it was still 11.40 pm. So, she decided to wait until after midnight but eventually dozed off on his futon.

Next morning

"Rise and shine bestie" Owen smiled softly.

Jade blinked her eyes a few times to adjust her vision, "What time is it?" she asked yawning.

"6 am" Owen replied with the same smile.

"6 am!?" Jade exclaimed scrambling out of the futon.

"Calm down bestie" Owen chuckled.

"Yeah, o....shit I totally forgot, happy birthday Ow" Jade wished him.

"Thank you, Jade"

"Soooo......may I ask why you were sleeping on my futon last night?" Owen inquired playfully.

"Shut up Joyner" She snapped at him.

"Aww so sorry your plans didn't work bestie" Owen teased her.

"Yeah, whatever. I'll get back at you later" Jade rolled her eyes.

Owen smiled, "Can't wait, now come on, I'll drop you off at your place and go to school"

Jade brushed her teeth and had breakfast at the Joyner's before going home.

When Owen dropped Jade off at her place, Brad was waiting for her.

"Brad? What're you doing here?" Jade asked confused.

"I came to see if you needed a ride to school. But I guess you already have a ride" He said referring to Owen.

"Oh no Brad, I was just dropping her off" Owen replied politely and left.

After he left, "You wanna come in Brad? I'll only take 15 minutes. I mean, I already brushed my teeth and had breakfast at Owen's" she said and headed to her room. She came down after 20 minutes, fully dressed, "Come let's go" she said walking towards the door.

"Wait Jade?" Brad said causing her to turn to face him.

"Yeah, Brad?"

"You spent the night at Owen's?" Brad asked trying very hard to hide his jealousy.