Girlfriend problems

Charlotte went to her locker to collect the books for the next class.

"Hi Charlotte" some guy called her.

"Hi?" Charlotte replied unsurely.

"Can you do me a favor?" he asked casually.

"I am sorry, who are you?" Charlotte asked.

"I am Jack, Jace's friend" Jack introduced himself.

"Okay" Charlotte replied uninterested.

"So, I was searching for Jace but couldn't find him. Coach asked us to assemble at the gym before practice. Can you please inform him?" Jack said.

"Uh sorry Jack, I can't" Charlotte replied and turned to walk away.

"Hey wait, please, he is not picking up my calls and coach will be mad if he isn't there" Jack requested her.

"I am sorry Jack but I can't tell him."

"Why? You are his girlfriend" Jack said in an obvious tone.

"No, I am not" Charlotte snapped at him.

"Oh, you are still keeping it a secret? I didn't know. Sorry" Jack apologized.

"What?" Charlotte was not okay with people assuming things about her.

"Please Charlotte, I know he will answer your calls so can you please inform him?" Jack said and ran to his class.

"Wait, I can't" Charlotte called after him but he was already gone.

Charlotte scoffed stomping her feet and headed to her class.

The second hour was English and Jace came to sit next to Charlotte.

"I am sorry this seat is taken," Charlotte said stopping Jace from sitting beside her.

"Oh really, by who?" Jace asked smirking.

"My friend Bella" Charlotte replied.

"It's okay Charlotte, it's his seat now" Bella agreed with Jace and sat in the seat behind him.

"Don't forget about our meeting angel" Jace whispered halfway through the class.

Charlotte cleared her throat and looked straight at the board pretending to not hear his words.

"Why are you being so stubborn, baby?" Jace asked her frustrated.

Charlotte ignored him completely.

Jace snaked his hand under the desk and reached Charlotte's lap. She straightened up instantly opening her eyes wide in shock. She caught his hand in one swift motion and squeezed it tightly with all her might.

Jace gave a grimace of pain and Charlotte chuckled. When she let go, Jace retreated his hand massaging it with the other.

After class, Charlotte dashed to her next class for fear of being cornered by Jace. Jace decided to get back to her after school.