kurenai shu → eyes.

{ soulmate au - the world you live in is black and white, but the only color you can see is the color of your soulmate's eyes. full color vision is available once you hold hands with your soulmate. }

warning » sensitive content of suicide/violence ahead.

{•}

Red, it was a lovely color. The color of apples, autumn leaves, and most importantly, his eyes.

His eyes were the loveliest eyes Y/N ever saw. They were deeper, brighter, richer than any shade of red she's seen.

She knew red was the color of love, but also pain. It hurt to see red drip slowly from her arms. It hurt Y/N to see red drip from her mother's nose and body. It hurt to see her father's hands stained in red blood.

But it also hurt to see his eyes. They were never in her direction. They were in her direction. Nothing but affection, love, and desire were in his eyes when he looked at her.

Y/N hated the girl with all her might. She wanted to be that girl. She hoped that he was her soulmate, but she doubted that it would happen.

Until she realized it by mistake.

When she tripped and fell, all she saw was the red that dropped from her knees, and looked up to see those red eyes.

Finally, in Y/N's direction.

He offered his hand towards her, offering her a small smile. She took it, as both were blinded by the sudden explosion of color.

They both looked around, as they saw different colors. They didn't see black and white, or red and E/C anymore.

Y/N looked at the male, as he looked at her. Y/N was happy to know that her long-time crush was her soulmate, but something was off when she looked in his eyes.

She saw disappointment. Nothing but disappointment and guilt.

Y/N teared up and left him there, running away.

The girl cried, cried, and cried, leaving streaks of red on her arms and legs. She tried to wipe her tears, but more came out of her E/C eyes.

She looked at the knife, stained in blood, and saw her own reflection in it.

He doesn't want to be with you.

She realized the sad truth as she held the knife to her chest, pointing it at her heart.

The sickening sound of the knife entering her heart filled her ears, the color of red filling her vision. She chuckled sadly, as she collapsed. The blood reminded her of his eyes, which were the same color of blood.

She smiled as the thought of his eyes was her last thought before closing her eyes, giving her last breath.

~

As Shu hugged her, he was blinded again.

As he opened his eyes, he couldn't see colors. All he saw was black and white. Not even E/C. He didn't know what happened, but the news told him everything.

The girl he helped at school committed suicide.

And then he remembered what his mother told her when he asked about his vision:

When your soulmate ever passes away, you won't be able to see the world in color ever again.

His soulmate committed suicide.

The shock made him fall to his knees, starting to cry. Shu remembered her eyes. They were lovely, richer than any shade of E/C he ever saw before.

He missed seeing that color.

He messed everything up. He lost his soulmate, and the ability to see his favorite color.

Nothing was worth it anymore.

{•}

{ unedited }

if you complain about the ending in this one shot i swear to nunjoon that you won't be able to request for this book ever

pls learn to appreciate sad endings. love isn't perfect, and sometimes doesn't turn out how we want it to.

but, i'll write a happy one with the same plot, just with less angst and a fucking happy ending like you guys want okay

yes it's literally a part two so celebrate

anyways i'll go now

Vote and Comment?

bai