Chapter 16

A/N So apparently not all of you got the notification of the last chapter. Make sure you have read that one before you read this one. Enjoy the chapter!

********************

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. I think I am just a little hungry. What about ordering some pizza?" After everyone agreed with the idea Gwil grabs his phone to call the closest pizzeria. Ben decides that it might be a good moment to give Rami a hug. After pulling away he crawls over the bed to sit in between Rami and Joe.

********

After eating Gwil makes a suggestion: "What about if we sleep all in here tonight?"
"Like a sleepover. That will be fun." Ben adds.
"How will we fit everybody in here?" Joe laughs looking at the bed and back at everyone.
"My bed has, unlike Rami's two separate mattresses. We can grab one of them and lay it on the ground. I think three of us should be able to sleep in one bed." Gwil has moved the blankets on Rami's bed to look at the mattress.
"What about me, Ben and Joe sleep in this bed. That should fit right?" Rami says he gives Joe a wink when he mentions Joe and Ben sleeping in one bed. As soon as Joe sees the wink he looks at Gwil. He tries his best to pretend that he didn't see the wink.
"Alright, let's go get the mattress and our stuff then. Gwil I will help you." Ben and Gwil walk out of the room.
"So you're going to sleep with Joe in one bed, huh?" Gwil grins at Ben. He knows all too well that he is making Ben uncomfortable.
"Oh shut up." Ben rolls his eyes.
"You better not do anything with me and Rami sleeping right beside you." Gwil opens his hotel room.
"I hate you." Ben starts shoving the blankets to the ground so they can lift the mattress.
"No, you don't." Gwil helps with lifting the mattress while he curses under his breath about how difficult it is to carry a mattress. 
"You're right. I don't." Ben sighs loudly. Together they walk back to Rami's room. Some people in the corridor look weirdly at them. Gwil just smiles and nods at them. They throw the mattress next to Rami's bed.

After they all changed in their pyjamas they try and fit in the bed. Gwil just sits on his own mattress and laughs. They decided Ben should be in the middle otherwise he would be pushed out of the bed.
"Why did I agree with this plan?" Ben groans when he lies down in the middle. Rami on one side and Joe on the other. After they are all settled Gwil reaches for the lamp to turn it off.
"Jesus Ben, why are you so muscular? You barely leave enough room for us." Joe exclaims which earns a burst of laughter from Rami.
"You didn't mind that when he was trying on his costume Tuesday." Gwil says. Rami starts laughing even harder.
"What do you exactly mean by that Gwil?" Ben asks.
"When you were trying on the shirtless costume-"
"Joe was looking at you like you were a piece of cake." Rami fills in the rest of Gwil's sentence. Gwil can only imagine how red Joe might be now.
"So you were checking me out huh?" Gwil can hear Ben turning his head probably to look in Joe's direction.
"Maybe." Joe tries his best to play it off cool but fails miserably.
"I'll keep that in mind for next time."
"Who is planning your next date?" Gwil asks.
"Shut up we never told Rami." Ben says in whisper yelling voice.
"Too late. I already know everything." Gwil can hear Rami grinning at that.
"But anyways that would be me." Joe says.
"You should go swimming then you can check out Ben constantly." Rami says almost as if he can read Gwil's mind.
"Guys stop." Joe says. The others can almost feel the deep shade of red Joe's cheeks have to be now.
"Did we make Joey uncomfortable?" Rami is saying it like he is talking to a little child.
"Don't you dare use that nickname against me." Joe exclaims.
"Maybe we should go to sleep. Otherwise, you two will fall asleep during your date tomorrow." Gwil tries to get Joe out of his situation. He likes a bit of teasing, but he doesn't want to go to far.
"Alrighties, goodnight guys." Ben mumbles. He almost had fallen asleep during the last few sentences of their conversation.
"Thanks for staying guys. I really appreciate it." Rami says.
"No problem. Goodnight boys." Gwil answers.
"Night." Joe finally says. The room falls silent within seconds. Only the breathing of the four men is heard.

***

The next morning Gwil wakes up in confusion. For a few seconds, he doesn't know why he has slept on the floor. That is until he looks up to sees his tree friends laying crammed in one bed. Rami has rolled over to the edge of the bed. Gwil estimates that it only takes a few inches before he really falls out of the bed. Ben and Joe, however, have moved towards each other. Ben has his head on Joe's shoulder. The latter has his arm wrapped around Ben pulling him into his chest. Gwil grabs his phone to check the time. It's nearly nine. Which means that they don't have that much time left to eat breakfast. Gwil decides to wake up Rami first. Gwil knows he will be happy by the sight of two of their best friends curled up against each other.

Rami slowly wakes up from Gwil shaking him slightly. Gwil has the index finger of his other hand in front of his mouth. So that they don't wake up the others. When Rami opens his eyes he looks confused at Gwil. Who now points at the scene happening behind Rami. As the latter turns around he lets a quiet 'awh' before his mouth falls in a smirk.
"I am not going to wake them myself." Gwil whispers.
"What about setting an alarm that goes off in a few minutes. Then we can watch the two lovebirds wake up in confusion." Rami still has the smirk on his face.
"Alright. Let's do that. But first, let me take some pictures. You never know when we can use those." Rami already has his phone in his hand. He snaps a few pictures before turning on the alarm. Gwil let himself fall on the mattress again.

It takes a few minutes before the alarm goes off. Rami let it running so both of them wake up. Joe is the first one to be awoken by the sneering sound. As soon as he opens his eyes he looks down at Ben laying on his chest. His lips immediately curl into a smile while he stares down. Soon after that Ben opens eyes. He blinks a few times before fully opening them. For a few seconds, he stares at Joe's shirt before moving his head to meet Joe's eyes. He immediately moves away from Joe.
"I am sorry." He says in shame while looking at a non-saying part of the wall.
"No need to be."
"Good morning guys. Did you sleep well?" Rami says from the other side. Which makes Ben jump.
"Yeah, I did." Gwil grins while he watching the faces of his friends turn to a deep shade of red. He lets them wait in embarrassment a little longer before talking again: "Let's go get ready so we can go to breakfast. I am starving."

***********

Hey my friends,

First of all, I want to thank all of you. We reached the 2K reads today! Yesterday evening we came in #1 in the hashtag Hardzello. Thank you all so much! All of this really means the world to me!

Second of all, today is the 4th of August. The day of Rami's and Afya's accident. It is funny because I wrote that chapter somewhere in May. This date seemed to be so far away, but I started uploading way after writing the first 25 chapters (yes, those are already written lmao). Yet, here we are. The anniversary of the accident. 

Anyways, have a nice day you guys. I love y'all.

Xx Itsametaphorjoe