Chapter 54

Joe nearly cried himself to sleep the first day that Ben was away yet again. This time he would be gone for two weeks longer. Three weeks without Ben. How could he possibly survive that? How can anybody survive that? He ended up scrolling through Instagram and answering some fans dm's. The sweet messages made him feel so much better about himself. The people that have seen Bohemian Rhapsody in the early screening, the people who saw him in Jurassic Park and maybe even more important to him, the people who complimented him on Undrafted. He never would have guessed that he would have been able to direct his own movie and here he is reading messages of fans who claim that Undrafted is their favourite movie. Something that seemed so impossible years ago. Now he is trying to write the script for yet another movie. During Ben's second week of staying, he already wrote half of the play. No one knew he was busy with it. He wanted it to be a surprise. Okay, he may have told Chace when he came over but he just couldn't keep it for himself anymore. Chace has one of his best friends for a very long time. It wasn't more than logical for Joe to hire him to play in Undrafted. That was why Chace's first reaction was to ask Joe if he could be a part of the second movie too. He claimed Joe was such an amazing director.

After discussing that Chace asked if it was written for someone special. Joe gulped at the question. He never told Chace that he was gay. Not because he didn't trust Chace but because the subject never came around.
"Euhm actually yes, euhm." Joe mumbles. Chace has put his hand on Joe's knee.
"Hey, it's okay, man. You don't have to tell me. As long as you know that you can trust me." Joe had looked up at him with a small smile on his face.
"It's written for Ben, my boyfriend." Chace's eyes lit up.
"You have a boyfriend? That is amazing! Can I see pictures? I bet you two are cute together." Joe could have sworn that Chace nearly jumped up and down on the couch in excitement.
"That was the happiest response I ever got when I told someone I was gay." Joe says quietly. Chace lets out a loud laugh before shaking his head.
"Man, I already knew that. We've been friends for years. Do you really think that I didn't notice it?" Joe looks up at him with wide eyes.
"How?" Is the only thing he can say.
"Man, you haven't dated anyone in years. When we would go out together you never hit on a single girl. You would just sit there and watch me talking to the ladies or you would just be dancing around. Now hurry up and show me the pictures before I grab your phone myself." Exclaims Chace while he nods his head towards the phone in Joe's hand.
"Oh yeah, I guess you are right. I'm sorry that I kept it from you. I never saw the reason to tell it."

Joe unlocks his phone and scrolls through all his pictures to find a good one with Ben. He ends up choosing a picture Gwil took from the two of them in Central Park. They have their arms around each other's waist and smile towards the camera. Chace whistles before turning his head towards Joe.
"You really went and picked the hot one, didn't you?" Joe starts giggling before answering the question: "Yes, I did." He scrolls until he finds a picture from Ben trying on the Roger customer without the wig. It is one of the costumes where his chest is fully exposed.
"Jesus Christ Joe. He is very handsome. By the looks on your face he makes you really happy, doesn't he?" Joe nods while he stares at the picture on his phone.
"Yeah, he sure does." Joe says quietly before turning his phone off.
"He would better. Otherwise, I will pay him a visit myself." Chace turns his hands into fists to show what he would do if Ben wouldn't make Joe happy.

While Joe is thinking about Ben the latter is seated on the plane on his way home. He was lucky that the directors of X-men wanted to reward him for his hard work and booked a seat in the business class including WiFi. He is face timing with Gwil. He put his headphones in his ears and is looking at the tiny screen. His fingers are clammed around the little microphone from his headphones while he tries to speak as quietly as possible so he doesn't disturb any other passengers.
"So, Joe hasn't got a clue that I'm coming back half a week earlier?" Ben asks. He had planned a special date for Joe. Right before he left he told Joe that he would be gone for three weeks while he only was gone for two weeks and a half. He wanted to make the date extra special.  
"No, he doesn't. I called him yesterday and he is pretty sad. He really misses you." Gwil says while he looks at Ben.
"Good, good. So, did you talk to Rami?" Ben says. The flight attended is coming around with the tray of drinks. He quickly orders an orange juice while waiting for Gwils answer.
"Yeah, he already talked to Joe. They are going to watch movies tomorrow so we have enough time to make everything ready for the date." Gwil says. He smiles when he sees the happy look on Ben'sface.
"Great, I'll take the two of you to eat sometime because I couldn't have done this without your help." Ben says while he carefully picks up the cup orange juice. They have slight turbulence and he is trying not to spill anything on his lap.
"Oh that is not necessary, don't worry about it, Ben. I might be a little late at the airport though. It is prime time when I need to start driving. I'll try and be on time. As soon as I get there I'll text you." Gwil looks at his watch before looking back at Ben.
"Oh no worries. I'll wait inside. Thanks, Gwil. See you." Ben says before ending the call. He quickly texts Rami before going to chat with Joe.

I have to work until late tonight. I'll try and call you. I can make no promises otherwise I'll call you tomorrow morning. I'm sorry.

Ben turns off his phone before shoving it in his pocket. His hands glide over the screen in front of him to search for a movie to watch. During the movie, he gets distracted by the thought of seeing Joe again the next day. He honestly can't wait. 

**********************

Hey lovies,

Can you believe that this is already chapter 54? It's crazy how time has flown by. Can y'all remember their very first date? The one in the restaurant with Mason? That seems like ages ago, doesn't it?

Thank you for all the support you give me every day. I couldn't have done this without you.

I love y'all!

Goodbye,

Xx Itsametaphorjoe