Chapter 77

"Joe, you are officially allowed to go home. Are all the instructions we gave you for eating and exercising clear?" The doctor says while he looks up from his papers to meet Joe's eyes. It was two weeks later, Joe's cast was finally removed from his arm. It was also one of the first days Ben was away from the hospital. He had to meet up with the police and he had an appointment with his psychologist. Joe pleaded Ben to sleep home for one night so he would have a good night rest. Without Ben knowing that Joe is sleeping next to him in bed tonight. Joe planned, with the help of Rami and Gwil, a surprise date for Ben. Rami is waiting for Joe near the exit of the hospital. Once he sees Joe his eyes lit up.
"Can I just tell you again how glad I am that you are okay?" Rami asks before opening the door for Joe. The latter hums before following Rami. They walk to the car which is parked a few blocks away. After a while, Rami turns around to find Joe struggling to follow him. He knows Joe doesn't want Rami to know. So instead Rami takes out his phone and pretends to be reading a message until Joe is caught up with him.

*******

Ben jumps when someone starts knocking on his door. When he opens the door it reveals Gwil standing behind it.
"Grab your stuff and come with me," Gwil says.
"Is Joe okay?" Ben says before running in to grab his phone and his wallet.
"I think so, yeah. Just grab your stuff and come with me." Ben pushes all the stuff in the pockets of his jacket before hurrying towards Gwil.
"Please, tell me that he is okay?" Ben says before locking the door behind him. Gwil rolls his eyes.
"Yes, he is okay. Now get your ass in my car." Gwil says before walking towards the car.

During the car ride, Ben tried to beg Gwil to let him know what was happening but Gwil wouldn't tell him anything. Once they stopped at a big parking lot Gwil taps on Ben's shoulder.
"Have fun on your date." He says. Ben raises an eyebrow while he waits for Gwil to explain.
"What date?" He asks when Gwil stays silent for a few seconds.
"Look out the window," Gwil says before nodding his head towards the side window. Ben turns around before squinting his eyes to see better. Joe is standing a few feet away from the car. A red rose in his hand. As soon as Ben sees him he unbuckles his seatbelt as quickly as he can. He thanks Gwil for driving while doing so. He gets out of the door before sprinting towards Joe. Ben dives into a passionate kiss with Joe.
"Are you out of the hospital?" Ben asks as soon as he pulls away. He holds Joe's face into both of his hands.
"Yes, I am. Just a few check-ups here and there." Joe holds the flower in front of him for Ben to take.

"Want to go to the fair with me?" Joe asks. Ben takes the rose before grabbing Joe's hand. He brings it up to his mouth so he can place a small kiss on the back of Joe's hand.
"With you? Always, my love." Joe lets out a soft giggle before kissing Ben on the cheek.
"Come on then," Joe says. They start walking towards the fair. The walk a little longer than Joe estimated. After some time he stops walking.
"Ben, can we rest for a little while. I am, er, not that used to walking anymore." Joe has his head bowed to the ground a little. In that way, he doesn't see the grin that has spread on Ben's face. The younger actor walks forward before scooping Joe from the ground in one swift motion. Joe squeaks in surprise.
"Now I actually have a reason to carry you," Ben says before placing a small kiss on the side of Joe's head. Joe lets out a soft giggle before wrapping one arm around Ben's neck.
"I love you." Joe sighs after a few moments.
"I know and I love you too. That is why I'm planning on marrying you as soon as possible." Ben says before bending down to press a kiss on Joe's forehead again.
"I would love that," Joe says quietly.

When they are almost at the fair Ben places Joe on the ground again. It became busier and they already got some pretty weird looks from some people.
"Do you think you can walk a bit more? Or do you want to sit down for a few minutes?" Ben asks.
"I can walk." That they do. They walk onto the fair. passing little market stalls full of stuff. Sometimes one of them wants to take a better look so they stop. Once a girl tried to flirt with Joe and Ben immediately wrapped his arm around Joe's waist. The girl looked from Ben to Joe.
"Why are all the cute or hot guys gay and taken?" She sighs before turning around and walking away. Ben and Joe looked at each other before bursting out in laughter. They have been walking around this big Ferris wheel the whole evening.
"Want to go on a ride?" Ben asks before nodding towards the line.
"Yes, please?" Joe nearly jumps up and down in excitement. Ben just laughs before grabbing Joe's hand to guide him towards the Ferris wheel. He buys them two tickets before standing in line. 

A man guides them into their small cabin. They sit down opposite of each other. 
"Did you mean what you said?" Joe says once they started of. 
"Which of the things? I talk a lot." Ben grins before letting his eyes drift towards the fair.
"About wanting to get married as soon as possible." Joe grabs Ben's hand in his own. 
"Well yes, of course. Only if you are ready though." Ben locks eyes with Joe.
"I am as ready as I will ever be," Joe says before shifting a little so he can kiss Ben. It's brief but ever so sweet.
"Do-, do you want to start planning tomorrow?" Ben says when they pull away. Their foreheads resting against each other.
"Please?" Joe says. 
"Gosh, I love you," Ben says before reaching out to pull Joe close. Suddenly the Ferris wheel comes to a stop. Joe stumbles before falling backwards. Within a second Ben is on his feet to catch Joe. He is just in time to save Joe's head from bumping against the seat.
"You okay?" He says as soon as he has helped Joe to stand right up. Joe nods before turning around to sit down again. 
"Why did we stop? Are we stuck?" Joe asks before looking over the railing of their cabin.
"I don't know." Joe tries to look down to see what is happening. He eyes around nervously.
"I am lucky though. Being stuck in a cabin with the most perfect human being on planet earth." Ben says, a smirk slowly creeping on his lips.
"Cheesy." Is all Joe replies. 

"Ladies and gentleman. For the persons in the Ferris wheel, it's your lucky shot. Due to the weather, we moved the fireworks forward. As soon as the fireworks are over your ride will continue. Enjoy the premium view up there." A voice yells from a speaker. 
"What a coincide. Come here, baby boy." Ben holds his arm out for Joe to crawl into. Within a minute fireworks are fired from a field nearby. They watch the show with amazement. Ben looks down at Joe who has his head on Ben's shoulder. The fireworks reflect into Joe's hazel eyes. It makes them twinkle even more than normal. Ben can't help but feel how lucky he is to have Joe in his life. Their relationship developed faster than any relationship has but it feels right. It feels like they have been together as long as Ben can remember. The safety and comfort he feels around Joe is something he hasn't felt in ages. 

***********
Hey guys!

I hoped y'all enjoyed this chapter of Hardzello cuteness! 

Take care of yourself!

Goodbye,

Xx Itsametaphorjoe