Chapter 28

Joe places a kiss on the side of Ben's forehead. He keeps his lips against the skin until Ben starts to speak.
"There chances are low but there is a possibility that I can get blind on my right eye. They have given me more medication to try and stop the infection." Joe ruffles his hand through Ben's hair.
"We're just going to assume that it will not happen. And even if it does we will get through it together." Joe places another kiss on the same spot he had his lips seconds ago.
"Thanks." Ben whispers. Joe can barely hear it. Ben has looked up to find Gwil and Brian.
"I am sorry you had to witness that." He mumbles.
"Don't worry. I would be scared too. Did I notice it in time?" Brian asked while he walks over to Ben. He leans in once again to have a better look at the bruise.
"Yeah, you did. The changes are right now around 15 per cent. With the day it goes up by 6 per cent. But now they were in time with giving me the right medication." Ben explains. Joe ruffles his hair once again before planting yet another kiss.
"It's going to turn out alright. I promise." He whispers in Ben's ear. Although, he is pretty sure that Gwil and Brian didn't have a problem with hearing what he said.

******************

It has been almost a week since the two got into the hospital. Joe got out on Sunday morning. He needed to come back every three days for small checkups. They kept Ben for another two days. Which left Joe enough time to plan another date. A surprise date as he didn't tell Ben they were going on one. But he was sure both of them could use one. He drove to the hospital with Ben's car. The police had driven the car from Ben's parents home to the hotel parking garage. Now Joe is sitting in the waiting room for Ben to finish his checkups. Ben comes running towards Joe as soon as he sees him.
"The chances are moved to 2 per cent." Ben exclaims happily.
"That is fantastic news babe." Joe intertwines their fingers.
"I am going to drop you off at the hotel. You have 45 minutes to get ready before I pick you up again. I planned a special night." Joe says while they walk to the nearest exit. He glances to his side to see Ben's smile grow even bigger.
"You didn't have to do that." Ben says. Joe feels the butterflies in his stomach fly around when he hears the excited tone in Ben's voice.
"I wanted to. Because I love you." Joe plants a quick kiss on Ben's cheek before opening the door of the car that is parked in front of the building.

Joe turns up at Ben's hotel room door at the said time. Ben has put on a blue sweater and a pair of jeans. Joe let his eyes drift over Ben's body before landing on his face.
"Are you ready?" He asks. Ben nods and closes the door behind him.
"Let's go.'' He smiles at his boyfriend. They walk in silence to the car. Here and there Ben uses his time to take a good look at Joe. Who is wearing a longsleeved shirt with some denim jeans. He can't help but look at the outlines of Joe's muscles defined by the tightness of the shirt. Joe is either oblivious or ignores the staring. Given the fact that Joe normally likes to catch Ben in his act, he is probably oblivious. 

During the car ride, they mostly talk about normal stuff. From their pasts to their current friends. And everything in between. Both of them are in a lot less pain as most bruises already started to faint a little, some of the wounds already disappeared and the smaller cuts on Joe's body were also gone.

Joe pulls up in front of a huge cinema screen. A lot of other cars have gathered to watch a movie.
"Awh, this is so cute. Which movie is it?" Ben has turned his head towards Joe.
"You'll see." Joe says with a smirk on his face. Ben's smile drops as he starts to think of movies.
"Wait, it isn't something like fifty shades, is it?" He asks while he starts fumbling with the hem of his sweater. Joe bursts out in laughter.
"No, don't worry pg-13 movie I believe." He says before he reaches behind his chair to get the snacks out. He is just in time for the movie to start. As soon as Ben sees the big logo from the movie appear he shakes his head.
"Are you kidding me, Joe?" He asks before reaching into the bag with popcorn.
"Well, you have never seen this movie. And I am in it. So I think you should have seen it. " He says before reaching into the bag of popcorn to get himself some. Ben turns his head towards the screen as Jurrasic Park starts playing.

Halfway through the movie, they have finished their snacks. Joe has leaned towards the side so he could rest his head on Ben's shoulder. The latter has moved so he could wrap an arm around the older boy. Ben lets out an 'awh' here and there when Joe comes on screen. He can't help teasing Joe a little. Telling how he cute he was back then and how he still is now. Which leaves a red-faced Joe beside him. The latter has difficulties staying awake. Especially once Ben started to rub his thumbs in small circles across Joe's shoulder. Which, Joe just learned, was very comforting.

Near the end of the movie, Joe has fallen asleep. Ben wakes him by planting small kisses all over the older actors face. Joe wakes up and immediately smiles.
"Let's change seats so I can drive us to the hotel." Ben whispers as soon as the movie is finished. Joe nods and they do as Ben suggested. Ben is more than happy that has a car where he needs to gear up. In this way, he can hold Joe's hand all the way. Here and there he looks at Joe from the corners of his eyes. Only to see that Joe's eyes are locked on his face. As they study every bit of Ben's face. The latter decides to give Joe what he wants. So he looks over at Joe and glances up and down before biting his lip. He moves his gaze towards the road again.

As soon as Ben stops the car in the parking garage Joe uses his right hand to turn Ben's head. Before he locks there lips in a very passionate kiss. A kiss they wanted to have for the last two weeks but they never got the change to do it. Joe has one of his hand on the back of Ben's head. The other rests loosely on his back. Ben has cupped Joe's face with both hands. Both of them have closed their eyes as they tongues dance together. Joe feels his whole body relax. After a few minutes, they break the kiss. Joe rests his forehead against Ben's as they stare in the eyes of each other for a few seconds.
"Let's get to my hotel room." Ben whispers while a smirk creeps on his lips.

Not even fifteen minutes later Gwil knocks on Rami's door.
"Can I please stay here for an hour or so?" He asks when Rami opens the door.
"Sure, what's up? Oh wait. Didn't Ben get back from the hospital today? Oh god is this what I think it is?" Gwil rolls his eyes at the older boy in front of him.
"I am afraid it is." Gwil says. 
"Oh god. My babies are growing up." Rami basically jumps up and down in happiness before stepping inside to let Gwil in. 

****************
Hi lovies, 

I found some time in between homework to edit this chapter. So, here you go. 

I'm currently writing chapter 65. Can I just tell y'all that there is a lot of drama waiting for y'all? You should probably worry about it... No, just kidding. Just keep reading and you will see. 

How are y'all doing?

Xx

Itsametaphorjoe